Friday, October 11, 2013

New House Pics

Here's pictures of the house so far.....obviously not everything is hung on walls (nothing upstairs) and I've only began to paint. The pwd room is painted, the loft, Carlaya's room & Mya's room so far....
This is the view out front.  I LOVE how close we are to the mountains!

Ordered this the day we moved in. I promised kids we would get one right after moving.  It came in a matter of days & I set It up Myself, with a tad help fixing one error I made. :) Mom/Dad got FIRST jumps in!
 
This is Carlaya's room!  I was nervous to do black on the walls, but I LOVE it and so does she! Heck even daddy had to show of pics at work cause he thought it was so cool.   I'd love to either do white chair rail around or even just a 3 or so in white strip between the pink & black.  But for now its done!


 
 This is Mya's cute lil' room.  I wanted to do a bold pink behind her headboard on that wall, but wasn't sure which shade to do. So for now its all sage green but I think I'll add pink of some shade behind her bed.  We bought her all new bedding & I found the lanterns hanging above from a FB yardsale for $1!  I may paint the pale pink one darker- haven't decided.

This is our big ol' loft which the kids really love.  We plan to get a projector at some point & do a theater room but for now its just another family/play room which ends up a mess most the time from Mya!  When I added the blue to the 2 walls it warmed the room up and made it feel much more cozy.  I'm not sure yet what to put on the walls here or window treatments.  Future project- on a very limited budget!! ;)



This was my first paint project & I was so excited to do it.  I spent over a week deciding on the perfect color and getting Jonathan to agree!  :)  Although I do love it, its dark for a small bathroom with no windows for natural light. Also the light fixture is yellow/tan glass that puts off the wrong color. So I may try to swap out the glass.
Here's the pic of a bathroom I found online and fell in love with it!  I have ordered that same vinyl and totally want to get a silver nautical star to go with.  I am a GREAT copy cat. Just not creative on my own!


1 comment:

kory and tina family said...

So jealous of your new house. Can't wait until we know where we will end up so we can start looking for houses or property. Loving the colors! I'll have to get you to help me when the time comes.