Thursday, October 31, 2013

More "new house" pics

My 5th painting project was the master bedroom.  I LOVE Plum and any shades of purple really. We've had this bedding for just about a year and I wanted to paint some sort of grey and or plum color. I found a pic online with a dark almost charcoal behind the bed and it looked gorgeous.  So I was stressed about getting the right shade & undertone of grey. Suggestions from others said paint 2 toned grey & leave out the plum in case I do change color schemes later on.


The dark grey I do love and feel like I matched pretty darn perfectly to the one I found online.  But I chose one shade up for the lighter color and wished I would have gone two shades up. :( I still like it, but it doesn't go with the purple.   Against the purple bedding it looks bluish.  :( Bummer!!  Oh well, eventually we'll have different bedding & it'll match better.  I still have some things that need to be hung up.  We have to decide what pics will go where & then wait for Jonathan to actually hang them up. So far, we have a mirror!! :)

No comments: