Tuesday, January 01, 2013

He's Home!!!

The nurses informed me Wednesday 26th that the baby would finally be ready for release on Friday.  He had been off morphine for 24 hours by that point and they wanted to watch him for a full 72 to be sure he would be ok.   I was at Valley Hospital at noon on Friday to pick him up!  After a CPR refresher from nurses & finishing up some paperwork, I got him dressed and headed out.  (He was in clothes the NICU uses for babies there on extended stay....those weren't ours)

The kids were super excited when I pulled up- they came running out of the neighbors house & couldn't wait to see him in real life, instead of just once through a window. (we took them down 2 weeks ago to see the baby in NICU)  They all thought he was so cute & fought over who got to hold him 1st.  Grandma won, then Carlaya, then he was so starved it was time to eat so I thought it would finally be MY turn!  (I had only held him 4 times in NICU)  Nope, Mya begged to feed him, so we shared! ;)
I love when their little hand holds onto your shirt ;)

This is one happy big brother!  He has dreamed of a little brother all his life.  He just keeps saying, "I can't believe he's finally here mom!"
Carlaya is wishing he was smaller to hold, but she still says he's cute!  She & Jonathan were the only ones really resisting taking him.  She wasn't wanting another baby or another sibling..not sure why?!  Yesterday while holding him and starring into his eyes, She says to me, "Mom, remember when I said I didn't want to take him?  Well, I totally regret saying that!! I just love him!!" :)

Needless to say we are LOVING him!

No comments: