I love Super Saturday with Relief Society. There is always a few things I wanna do and have to narrow it down. I was thrilled that a family (from Alamo) was coming to help us each make our own temple picture. I have gotten really close to spending $300+ at Deseret Book several times. You could pick which temple you wanted, and which size from 8x10 up to 20x30? I think thats the biggest. That's the size I did. It did cost $70 for the big one but it looks very professional and I just love it!! I also did 3 apothecary jars. I think they are super cute and I am always needed/wanting new decor! I think I will change whats in them monthly. I just dropped an orange candle into the middle one so they weren't too plain, until I could figure out what to do with them for October. I have since put spider decals on the glass outside and filled one with eyeballs & one with spiders! :) They look pretty cute now! Anyway, just thought I'd share the projects I did.
Oh yeah, also I did some jumbo Popsicle stick puzzles. Modge podge a church pic (5x7 size) of Jesus, the Temple, Pres. Monson, etc to sticks lined up side by side laying flat. Then once it dries completely you slice the picture where the sticks connect. so each stick has a sliver of the picture on it. Then the kids line the sticks back up in order to see the picture. Great quiet activity for Church! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment