Christmas morning at the Christensen's never starts too early. Our kids are sleepers and so we are never up before 7:30 (when Mya wakes up like clockwork every day). Jonathan was the 1st up and was excited. So he got up and showered and got dressed and waiting to hear Mya up. Then he was quick to make the rest of us get up too! After we were awake and downstairs the excitement began!!

Starting with stockings... Santa did come! He sent them a message a week before Christmas to let them know they were NOT on the nice list yet, but he believed in them and said they still had time. They tried harder, but in my opinion, not hard enough! Dad is nicer than me. I opted for empty stockings this year.... :)
Mya was confused by so much activity in the morning. She could tell this was an out of the ordinary day and was so giggly. She loved the morning and all the sugary snacks she was given out of her stocking!
After stockings, we promised Carlaya we'd go show her her room. She had been asking for an older girl room for a while. After moving and putting the guest bed in her room, she really did need something done! I went in 1st with the video camera and shut the door. So when she opened it and SCREAMED, I caught it all on camera. She screamed and fell down, claiming to have "passed out", but really she was so excited and surprised!
After stockings, we promised Carlaya we'd go show her her room. She had been asking for an older girl room for a while. After moving and putting the guest bed in her room, she really did need something done! I went in 1st with the video camera and shut the door. So when she opened it and SCREAMED, I caught it all on camera. She screamed and fell down, claiming to have "passed out", but really she was so excited and surprised!
Mya was begging me to get her doll out of the box. She hugged her baby most the day!
Carlaya has always wanted some "fashionable" boots....she was thrilled with these!

Mya was loved all her new toys!
Carlaya was cutting, gluing, glittering and designing fashionable outfits all day for her new paper diva dolls.
Jonathan is worst than most women when it comes to clothes! "They fit weird, this feels weird, this will shrink weird, this looks dumb", ...blah blah blah is all I hear. Every time we shop he has a fit over everything. Whether he picks it out or I do, but I don't think he's ever liked anything I brought to the dressing room for him. So I was really really daring to surprise him with new clothes. And guess what- a miracle happened!! Not only did he like them, they also fit perfectly. What a stud!!!
Jonathan has been asking his mom for a t-pee. She had made them one when they were little and he loved it. He wanted our kids to have one too. He was the 1st one inside once it was all set up!
Gingerbread house designed by Noah & Dad.













No comments:
Post a Comment