I love the fancy dinners that families in movies have. LOL At my house growing up besides Thanksgiving, the only other "fancy" dinner was Christmas eve. And even then, we didn't have super nice glasses or plates. In most cases it was Tupperware! But it was always a nice meal!!
I love tablecloths and cloth napkins. Carlaya loves wine glasses and when she sees them at restaurants, she always wants to keep them to drink out of! She is always asking me to buy them! LOL So this year, I thought, we're doing a NICE dinner with NICE stuff. I had a tablecloth and pretty Christmas glass plates. Then I remembered chargers I bought a few years back and even some cloth napkins I had bought on clearance once but never used. (cause we just aren't that nice- UNTIL NOW!! ) :) ha ha! As far as wine glasses, I went to the good ol' D.I. and bought 4 that are almost identical.....Carlaya was so excited to have them!! ;) So here is our "fancy" set up. It was pretty fun to be "fancy" if only for 1 night a year!
I didn't have napkin rings and wasn't about to buy them at the last minute so we tied a glittery silver jingle bell around the top of each one. ;)

I didn't have napkin rings and wasn't about to buy them at the last minute so we tied a glittery silver jingle bell around the top of each one. ;)

Don't judge my table set up...I am not even sure which side the silverware is supposed to go on or what order it goes. It was all for the kids and they were impressed enough!! :)

Don't mind the dorky boys. They insisted on being "fancy" in their own way. (and don't mind all the tin foil on everything!! LOL I know that ruined any chance of you thinking we were fancy, but come on...I was trying to keep things warm. This dinner was made in pieces and wasn't timed very well.


After dinner, we played some games and talked with the kids about the REAL meaning of Christmas. Then they got to open their ONE gift which they have come to realize is the same EVERY year. :)


1 comment:
I love your fancy dinner! Maybe I'll try that next year just to mix things up a bit.
Post a Comment