Tuesday, December 27, 2011

12 days of Christmas

Almost every year that we've been married Jonathan and I have played "12 days of Christmas" or "Secret Santa" on someone. I grew up doing it almost every year and I love doing it still! Our kids also love it and this year they dropped and ran every gift all by themselves. Lucky for them it was right next door! ;)
Since we just moved and know NO ONE in our new neighborhood, we decided to do it to a family with kids or someone we'd like to get to know. In Las Vegas, most people pull up, open the garage, pull in and then close the garage. You rarely see or talk to neighbors. That's just how it is!
I had noticed the garbage next door often had a diaper box out or something resembling a baby. One day I saw a younger man holding a baby about Mya's age at the mailbox. :) I had never seen a women or any other children but that was really the only glimpse of any immediate neighbor I had seen since moving in. So we chose them to get our "12 days of Christmas" surprises!!

Towards the end, I started to worry that we didn't really even know if that baby lived there. Would if it was just an old single man who had a granddaughter visiting that day. Would if he threw out every treat or junked each gift?! LOL I didn't really even know WHO was getting our surprises each night!! Jonathan assured me that he saw a car pull in one day with boy man & women in it and they looked in their 30's. YAY! I was hoping that was true.

On Christmas eve when we walked up to deliver our last gift and reveal ourselves, there was a gift on the porch with a note "To: Secret Santa"! :) How fun! The kids were excited about that! ;) I was excited when the door opened and a young man was there and then ran to grab his wife and baby while we sang "Rudolf" requested by Noah. They are 26 & 29 and the baby, Mia is 6 months old than Mya! LOL Perfect to get to know each other and have a sitter to "swap" with!! We are both excited to get to know each other!!
YAY! Another successful year of "12 days"!!

1 comment:

kory and tina family said...

That is awsome!It's always fun to have a neighbor friend.