Ok, so about a week or so ago I got some dumb letter from a collection agency saying I owed them or the Justice Court $505. I have never been to the Justice Court, nor do I have any criminal problems so I assumed this was a mistake. Nevertheless, I called and left a message saying it probably wasn't the right Camille Christensen, but they could call me back and verify my SSN or whatever.
Finally, today I got a call back. I verified my info and they were able to give me more info in exchange. It is in fact the REAL me. Son of a....!!!! I don't want to pay $505! But that's not the worst part. Oh no, the WORST part is that there is also a warrant (issued on September 23rd) for my arrest! I suddenly felt very sick. Who cares about $505, how do I get the warrant GONE?
After my accident in March, I was given a ticket. We had a nice attorney friend "take care of it" for us. He went to court and got it reduced to "running a stop sign". We got a letter saying we had to pay the fee of $255 to the courts and $100 to them for going to court. I grudgingly wrote out the checks. OR, so I thought.
As I raced through old checkbooks looking for a copy of both payments, I was UNhappy to only find the $100 paid to the attorney. UGH! I called collections back to pay the fine. Or at least some of it. They had me pay the $150 fine to have the warrant lifted. Unfortunately, it won't be lifted for 2 business days. OR Tuesday. I guess I'll just be driving extra extra good with a car full of other peoples kids in our carpool. Eeek! Lets not let THEM find out about this little mess.
Rewind 2 weeks: September 26th, I just dropped Carlaya and her friend off at school. 2 blocks away, I get pulled over. I wasn't speeding so I was curious the problem. Apparently my registration had expired. Of course, I was surprised because we never got the renewal letter in the mail. (turns out they mailed it to our old address- 2 years ago!) Lame, since our current address is on the registration. The cop looked at my license and registration right at my window, asked if it was current and also asked if I had any warrants. Um, no. Officer, Plaaalez I'm a good old mommy! He just said, "Ok, well get your registration fixed." And walked away. Phew! No ticket.
Well yeah PHEW!! Had he walked to his car to run my license or registration, he would have seen that on the 23rd a warrant was issued for my arrest (little did I know!). I would have been arrested on the spot probably. Noah & Mya would have to wait for their dad to come get them, or worse CPS! Um that would probably screw up the whole adoption thing we have going right now! Oh my gosh, I can't believe I got so lucky that day. Can you imagine me being checked in at CCDC!? I would probably have had to even stay the night there! Oh my gosh!!! Some nice ol' man upstairs is lookin' out!! :)
Then, sympathetic Jonathan, knowing I had a bad day, left this love note on the door for me to see when I got home this afternoon. ;(

3 comments:
Wow! A whole new side of you we never knew about! That is the funniest story I have ever heard. I am so sorry to be laughing at your expense!!!
I can't stop laughing. So funny. On a serious note I am so GLAD that officer two weeks ago didn't discover the warrant for you. I can only imagine what would have happened with the up coming adoption. WOW!
LOL!! He should have used the picture of you on your blog header. LOL!
Post a Comment