Monday, October 10, 2011

Mya is ONE years old!!

On Saturday, October 8th- Mya turned ONE years old! I can hardly believe a whole year went by. It seemed, at times, to fly by even faster than Carlaya or Noah's 1st year. She is a total doll and continues to be the center of attention at our house. We are so lucky and blessed to have her in our lives!

ONE year old Mya ........can now WALK!
*She took her 1st step on September 21st and by Oct. 4-5 she was walking up to 21 steps at a time. She is 85% on her feet now.
*Mya has 6 teeth with a 7th on its way in.
*Her favorite toy right now, is unfortunately a wet washcloth. So much for all her toys! Any will do, even the one I just cleaned the bathroom with. YUCK! I about died when I saw her sucking on it! :(
*Mya can say "thank you" or the sounds of it, Mama, Dada, No, Don't, and Dog. She LOVES dogs!
*Mya loves to dance to just about any kind of music!

Here's how we celebrated her 1st birthday. We had pancakes for breakfast (one of her new favorites!) and let her blow out 1 candle. She was very confused by the whole "fire on top of my breakfast" thing. She looked at me, like "what is this?!" Isn't the picture so funny!!?






She didn't smile or anything when we sang to her, still too confused by everything. But she did LOVE that pancake! ;)


I took the kids over to watch a friends dance recital at Gilcrease Orchard while Jonathan finished sleeping after his grave shift the night before. We had fun watching the dancers, listening to authors read their books, coloring pumpkins, getting balloons from "Shaker" the clown, and eating amazing Cider Donuts!! Mya loved being out and about just taking it all in.

While she napped I ran out to get some last few things for her little "family" party. (the BIG party is this weekend!)

Then, we danced around silly to kids tunes and gave her endless attention and love. Mya is loving music lately, she gets her little knees bouncing and head moving. IT's soooo cute!


After dinner, we put her up to check our her big ol' present! Isn't her b-day outfit cute? Her Aunt Tina (Jon's sister) made it specially for her!


The cake was horrible looking, but did taste delightful. (I pulled it out too soon and then tried to flip it over before it cooled. It crumbled and broke in 1/2. :( Then my icing wasn't thick enough and ran all over the warm cake.) I guess I shouldn't rush things! Good thing Aunt Tina is also making Mya an amazing cake this weekend!! I'm soooo excited for that! In the meantime, don't judge this horrific cake! ;)



Mya wasn't a huge fan of the sweetness, she mucked in it for a bit then tried to dumb it off her tray. When we didn't let her, she gave up trying and just played in it some more.


Oh fun fun fun! I'm glad we only have to let them do this at 1 years old.


Next up, present time! She was very curious what was in this big package......


And oh, was she excited! She giggled and giggled and Jonathan and the kids pushed her around the room on it. Sorry, I have that fun footage on the video camera!

Happy Birthday Miss Mya. We absolutely LOVE YOU!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

What a doll!!! She is just too cute! Happy birthday to her! And congrats to you for making it through another first birthday.=) We were going to go to the Gilcrease thing, but got very lazy that day. Next year!

kory and tina family said...

Happy Birthday Mya! Can't wait to see how much you've grown. See you soon.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday Mya!!! Elena has the same outfit.