Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Student of the Month


At my kids school, they feature one child from each class each month of school. So only 9 kids will get the award from each class this year. The school says it is a great honor to earn this award.


Noah is a total teachers pet. There's no doubt about it. If you are good, you get a green star each day, if you are excellent you get purple. Noah has come home with green or purple everyday. (only a few kids get purple) She has told me numerous times how much she just LOVES Noah and how he just melts her heart, how she could steal him, how she misses him when he's not there, etc! She is just so funny. But I'm glad he behaves at school and helps his teacher with everything. And I'm very glad she likes him.


So when she whispered to me earlier last week that he was Student of the Month, I was surprised but not really- given her special bond to Noah. Plus, heck yes my kids are good in school! ;)


Jonathan and I were both able to attend the school assembly last Friday and it was a surprise to any of the students that parents would be there. Noah's teacher went 1st, announcing him as her kindergartner SOTM. He stood up beaming and waved all excited at us! He was so proud standing up there as she read:


Noah is receiving the SOTM award because he shows all the traits of a model kindergartner. He completes all of his assignments in a timely manner. He always sits on the carpet perfectly. His hand is always up, he never calls out. He walks in the hallway with his bubble in, and arms folded. Noah is kind and helpful to his classmates. His smiled brightens our room, and his stories make us laugh! (I'm a little nervous about that one, I must say!) I am so excited to watch him grow this year and am very proud to have him as our SOTM.

Noah got a pencil, a jelly bracelet, a certificate AND a free blizzard coupon from DQ. He was most excited about that!! So we took him this weekend to get it.


Good job, Noah! We love you!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

How adorable!! I just came across your blog on accident. Of course Noah is adorable and the favorite. After all, he is your child.=)