Monday, July 11, 2011

Our last week with Jose

For the last few years Carlaya's been asking to go on the Desperado roller coaster at Primm. She wasn't tall enough a year ago when we stopped on our way home from CA. She loves a good thrill & has rode every ride at Disneyland & California Adventure, even the psycho Tower of Terror elevator ride- although she hated every second of that scary ride! LOL


So when we heard that during June locals get FREE passes to ride, we had to go! My sister & her family was here and it was also Jose's last week- so it was the perfect FREE (-gas) getaway!


(almost to the top)


In line, Carlaya started to get a little nervous. Clicking up the track she was squealing with delight but also starting to whine with nerves. As we tipped over the top (which if you've ever seen it, is WAY up there) she let out that classic little girl blood curdling SCREAM! I screamed too and Jonathan did his classic deep moan- he hates rides! ;) Its so far down & so fast it takes your breath away. Carlaya's scream was only a second then she was dead silent. As we hit bottom and sky rocketed back up a hill she started screaming again. I tried to look back to see her but its so fast and violent of a ride it was whipping me around. Carlaya was NOT happy. She was screaming to get off! "My head, I hit my head! Get me off this thing now! (Scream scream scream- blood curdling scream) My neck is broken, get me off! I want off!! I want off RIGHT NOW! Scream Scream Scream! (almost all the riders were looking back to see who was freaking out during the ride) LOL It was hysterical, but sad. I felt bad we talked her into it, it is not suitable for little people her size. Although she met the height requirement. She bawled for 10 minutes after getting off. She had a headache the rest of the day. :( Sorry Carlaya, you were brave though!


She was all smiles with the boys for the log ride. It is pretty darn mellow but still lots of fun. We even talked the workers into letting the babies ride. They weren't happy but after we waiting in the line they said OK, ONE time only! ;) At the small drop off through water, I kind of wondered if we should have taken them on!!




Jose chickened out for this one, but Tanner (between Carlaya & Noah) loved it and Carlaya giggled the whole time. Noah on the other hand, screamed to get off. LOL Its the frog hopper one that goes up and drops over and over.

The next day my sister and I met up with my cousins & aunt to play at the Butterfly park. Although it was a hot day, the water was pretty cold. The kids were in/out of it getting warm on the playground. Mya on the other hand continues to be a fish whenever she's around water. She played in it non-stop. I finally pulled her out when her legs were cold as ice!
















At 1st I thought Noah would miss Jose the most, but by his last few days here...I realized that Carlaya would miss him just as much or MORE! She just loves him! I wanted to go take some extra pictures of Jose and Carlaya told me she wanted to. I figured I'd have to still take some decent ones myself, but she did really good capturing his cute personality!












Jose is such a sweet boy. He is one of my favorites by far! I just love that boy. I would adopt him in a second if he didn't have 5 siblings to come too. This was his last day with us. We were loading all his things in the car and he was getting anxious. Jose has met, several times, the family he now lives with and he likes them. They also have a boy his age, they have 100,000 LEGOS which he loves, an awesome pool, a dog, a lizard, a turtle....not to mention his baby brother. So he was excited to go be with Anthony & a week later Anna his 2 year old sister also made the move to their house. There were no tears at good bye but he hated to see us go. Luckily we'll be babysitting him, Anthony & Anna for 4 1/2 days at the end of this month. I can't wait for that, it'll be so fun to have him back. (if only temporarily)


This is Jose's Family. I forgot every week at their visits to take my camera. The one week I remember, his little sister Anna was not there. :( Bummer. I wanted a better pic, but it was hot out and Dad says he's not camera friendly. He wasn't liking it! LOL (I really like Jose's dad, he's a funny guy. He wanted Jose to stay with us and was sad they were moving him. He even kind of fought to keep Jose here, but with siblings is best) I miss this crazy bunch of kids! I just loved seeing them all every week.



Sam-7, Mikaela-8, Jose- almost 6, Anthony- 11 months, Jose Sr (dad) & Chris 4. (Anna is 2)


You will notice 3 kids look Hispanic, and 3 including Anna look Caucasian. Mom is 1/2 white and her side of family is blonde hair/ blue eyes. You can't see in pic, but the youngest 3 are all fair skinned, blonde hair & blue eyes! So funny!

No comments: