Thursday, April 07, 2011

March Madness!

No, I am not interested in basketball- whatsoever! But around here, March was total madness!

We started off the month with a new foster placement, Jose. He is a good boy and we've totally enjoyed him. Noah especially loves him to death. In the next two weeks he will be moving to his aunts to live with his mom and all 5 siblings. He's thrilled about that but still says he LOVES it here with us. We'll miss him. I think Carlaya and Noah will be very sad to see him go.


THE NEXT DAY, I came home from dinner with Jonathan, feeling sick. The night turned ugly (I was basically up all night in tears!) and random symptoms occurred. I woke up in the middle of the night in so much pain, in my chest! And by chest, I mean boobs. LOL By morning, I was hurting so bad, I couldn't even sit up in bed on my own. I knew right away what it was. I had surgery a few years ago and was told that infection is a possibility in the future and the signs of it. By 10, I was not messing around. I found the card for my doctor in St. George and called him. He was very concerned with my symptoms and said we needed to come up right away. By that afternoon we had a travel letter to leave state with Jose (forgot about Mya's letter- oops!) and we had dropped Carlaya off at a friends. (We planned on going up/back fairly quickly.) My MIL met us in St. George to take the kids home to Hurricane with her. After a quick exam, my doc determined it might actually be a gal stone, NOT an infection like I predicted. He sent us to St. George ER for tests, and called his BFF doc there to see me asap. My doc is wonderful, I love him! He takes great care of me, always! After a urine test, blood work, chest x-ray, and ultrasounds......most everything looked normal. Only one problem......my white blood cells were twice what they should be. That clearly indicated an infection! I was certain in was in my chest, since that is the only pain sight. My other doc came to the hospital and they wheeled me into a trauma room and started to sedate me. They let Jonathan stay in and I was only partially sedated...so yeah, awake! Hearing all the "scalpel please" and everything!! Eeeek! Hate that! He did 2 biopsies on my chest and stitched me back up. Then they gave me some serious antibiotics. We stayed the night in Hurricane to have a follow up with him on Sunday in his office before heading home. How about that play date, Carlaya? LOL Ooops, probably should have taken her with us. Turned out to be 24 hours later, not up/back. She LOVED having her 1st sleepover and so did her friend, so it all worked out. It took a few day before the major pain was gone, and I could move semi-normal. Within a week and a half or 2, I was all but normal. I had a few days of actually getting dressed and wearing makeup again..........

AND THEN, I got in a car wreck and totalled our Jeep Cherokee!


(This isn't the best pic or view, taken with my cell phone. The damage actually looked much worse in person)

On March 20th, Jonathan was home sick from church with Mya. I took the kids to Primary after Sacrament meeting and decided to run home to get my YW's manual I had forgotten and check on Jonathan. Our church is literally 1/4 mile from our house and right down our street. I jumped in the jeep, with no seat belt and proceeded out of the parking lot. I actually stopped at the stop sign (instead of rolling though) LOL and looked both ways. No cars, except one across from me waiting to turn right. He was waiting but I wasn't sure on what? As I began to cross the street, I saw a grey blur and screamed!! as it hit me HARD! It was weird and in slow motion, but scary! I felt like it hit me in the passenger side and my car slid across the pavement and turned 45* (I was driving west and stopped facing directly south) He must have been going fast because I actually hit HIM with the front of my car and he drove right threw the front of it, tearing apart the whole hood/engine area. His airbags deployed but mine did not. The second we both stopped (him on a sidewalk through a fence), the driver of the other car "waiting across the street at the stop sign" ran up to check on me. I open the door crying and was holding my head. I felt like the top just split right open and was going to start gushing blood at any second. I asked him if I was bleeding, but I was not. He told me to stay put as he called the police and checked on the other driver. A ward member pulled up just then and ran up to help. Then he realized it was ME. :( One by one, ward members started filtering out to see the commotion. Embarrassing!! Someone even pulled Bishop out of Sunday School! I wanted to see if I had just dented the car or how bad it was. Inside I couldn't really tell, I was just really confused. Everyone tried to get me to just sit there but I got out to check it out..... OH gosh, that IS bad! (but in my head I knew the good news was Jonathan would get a truck. He hated that jeep and wanted a truck for almost a year now) At least I totalled it. :) Firefighters checked me out but I didn't want to be transported, I had been out walking around the wreck, called Jonathan to come, and even told all church friends to go BACK INSIDE! ;) My head hurt like crazy, but I felt fine! After cops & tow trucks left, church was already over, so we finally went home. That night I got much much worse! I had a concussion and began to throw up. I could even stand up without getting dizzy & nauseous. Monday, I hurt so bad everywhere I cried just laying still on the couch. I felt like a freight train had hit me. My back felt broken and my neck killed me. We have a chiropractor friend in our ward and I've been to see him 3 times a week since the accident. This week is my 1st week of feeling pretty good and all but normal. Head- just quit hurting this week, back- feels fine, neck- still pretty sore. I feel like my head is huge and 100 lbs. My neck gets tired of holding it up. I had felt like a bobble head, but this week is much better.

To finish off the month, I got a horrid UTI that lead me to UMC Quick Care to sit for 2 miserable hours. One bad day on top of the other! All I can say, is thank goodness we're MORMON! ;) We've had preisthood blessings, visitors, people to watch kids and meals galore! Our Ward is absolutly the best!! March was horrible and I hated most every day of it, but hey- It's April baby and I'm feeling better already! ;)

3 comments:

Jonathon and Amanda said...

WOW! So crazy. Glad you're doing better.

Young Family said...

Holy Moly Girl! I hope April is a much better month for you!

Stacey T. said...

Oh my gosh Camille!! What a HORRIBLE month! Hope April is awesome for you :)