Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas Eve......and onward

It's been a while since I've bothered to sit down and give an update or just any post for that matter. I don't want to bore the random blog followers with our everyday happenings, so feel free to pass over this lengthy post of Christmas with the Christensen's. It's mostly for family and of course to help me journal it all later. ;)

We woke up Christmas Eve and had fabulous Red & Green chocolate chip pancakes. I thought the kids would be thrilled. Let's just say, that like me, they don't like change or anything different rather. They tried it but wanted regular pancakes or cereal! Oh bother!! Hey, I tried ok?!
I planned for some good ol' fun Christmas crafts to do as a family that day, before having Christmas Eve dinner with my Aunt, Uncle, cousins and Grandparents that live here in town.




The kids LOVE doing crafts and I rarely do them. I hate the mess and am so not patient enough to help do them. But I tired really hard and it was actually fun. ;)

After dinner that night, Jonathan read the nativity story of Christ's birth from the scriptures. We've tried really hard this year to instill in the kids that Christ is much more important than Santa. They were actually very excited to learn about Him more and the real reason we have Christmas after all.

Here is the pretty Christmas Diva with her RED nails. :)


One last picture on Christmas Eve in their new Pj's......off to bed!
Christmas morning was mostly shot on video camera, so I didn't have near the pictures I wanted. Here's some random shots throughout the morning.





The kids got these two gifts from MY Grandma & Grandpa Peterson, she spoils them every year and they always LOVE what she gets them. THANKS GRANDMA & GRANDPA!!


Mya was wide awake and so happy for most the morning. By the time it was all said and done 2 1/2 hours later (we took our sweet time) She was dead to the world. But here she is with her little collection.


Carlaya is very into art still and clothing design. I know, so funny. She loved all her gifts including an i pod shuffle that Santa spoiled her with.


Noah is the happiest kid ever, but sometimes his happy mood wears down and he is just not cooperative. Unfortunately he refused all photo ops Christmas day. :(
Christmas day, we drove to Hurricane, UT to have Christmas dinner with Jonathan's family and stay the night.
We all tried out our new Wii game, Just Dance. Here is Carlaya and her cousin Maddie dancing for all of us. :) We got 4 Wii remotes going at one time and had the girls battling the guys. It was a ton of fun. Jonathan's parents even both took turns!! Hilarious! By the time we ended, we were all sweaty! ;)
Unfortunately, Jonathan was supposed to work Monday, so that is all we could spend with his family. To our dismay, his boss called him each morning (after he was dressed and ready to head out the door) to let him know they had no work for him and to not bother coming in! He ended up not working the whole week! (that means also not getting paid)
So we decided to kick the weekend off early and head to Panaca to see my parents on Thursday. My Grandma Peterson was there the 1st day and so the kids got to thank her in person for her gifts. Here she is holding Mya and my sister Jenny's baby (2 months older) Kensley.

I don't have any other pictures of our very fun weekend besides this one.....

All the women were busy making dinner one night and the kids had a Disney movie on. I guess all other adults were MIA so Jonathan is the manny in the middle. He was busy keeping 5 boy cousins entertained! There is 4 girls but Carlaya & Bailey always off playing alone and then we just have the two babies, Mya & Kensley. More girls were much wanted by the time these 2 came to be!

No comments: