Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Life just got a WHOLE lot more crazy!

1st thing this morning I got a text from Chelsey's foster mom. Chelsey girl, the same one we had for 4 days in June and 10 days in August. WE LOVE Chelsey! They need us to do respite starting today through Monday. Perfect, we'd love to!

Well, then.......a case worker called. She is not on the placement team but is desperate to get some kids of hers placed. They are in a placement that is up tomorrow and the county has tried for over a month to find a replacement home. Apparently they have tried 50 homes and all said no. It is two girls, African American mix. Ages 5 and 1. They have already been split up from their two brothers. The case worker is trying all families with 1 spot open (like us) to take even one. I mentioned we could maybe up our license to take both so they wouldn't have to be split up. That is so sad just before Christmas.

So we thought about it and prayed about it and decided we will take them. So not only will we have 9 month old Chelsey for the weekend. We will also have the two girls. That puts us at SIX kids, at least until Monday. Oh Heavens......

I gotta run, I suddenly have tons more Christmas shopping to do!