Saturday, Jonathan wanted to take the kids "exploring". So we headed up the '95 north to drive an old Mormon Trail. It is a 47 mile loop that leads to the '93 and back to the I-15 North of Las Vegas. The WHOLE thing is a dirt road. Some parts better than others, but all do-able with 2 wheel drive. We were rattling along and Mya just kept crying. Every time I checked on her, her poor little head was just shaking too death! I don't need to have a "shaken baby" on my CPS record or conscience, so I decided to pull her out and just hold her to absorb most of the bounce. Before you judge: We are in the middle of no where on a dirt road going 5-10 miles per hour. It was perfectly safe to hold a baby. Matter of fact, I felt like a pioneer bouncing along the ol' Mormon trail. ;)
Jonathan got out to climb with the kids at some of the landmarks along the trail. I was more than willing to sit in the car with miss Mya. She slept the entire day! I think she loved the vibration of the road- that, and being held all morning- SPOILED!
2 hours later, I was beginning to lose interest. Jonathan calls me a party pooper. I call me a practical person who is tired of cactus and mountains and waisting gas. We had only driven 10 miles! I don't see this whole 47 mile loop being seen on THIS trip!! We stopped for lunch and Mya continued her nap on the front seat. Jonathan then decided we really wouldn't have time to go much further anyway with plans for later in the day. As we turned around, I really started to get tired and let the rattling of the car lull me to sleep. My cute girls joined me. I was so tired Miss Mya just laid on my lap, I couldn't even hold her. LOL
All in all, it was a great day with Jonathan. He had school every Saturday for 9 months and we really missed a day of play with him. Thanks for the fun outing Dad!



No comments:
Post a Comment