Case Worker called this morning and left a message saying the results were in. Oh, come on!! You're gonna leave me hangin'? I tried calling back 4 times in the 15 minutes I had before going visiting teaching. No answer! UUUUGH!
As soon as I left her house, I called again. Finally! She answered. She says, "Sooooo, are you dying to know?!" She said it in happy enough of a mood it lead me to believe it was in my favor, but I was still nervous. After some torturous small talk, she let me know the results of the dna test were.......NEAGATORY LORI! yippee- hooray!
Sad part was, the grandmother (whom I knew could not possibly be related (African American)) was pretty bummed and wanted to know if she could still take the baby anyway. Uh, NO! Hands off Lady- she's MINE all MINE!
We are 40 days in. In December they will try to get a "reasonable efforts ban" or whatever it is called, passed. That means that DFS doesn't have to contact or TRY to contact the mother about anything. If she is interested, she'll have to contact them. Chances are with that ban or whatever in place, she'll miss all the court hearings and everything else. Then game over for her.
At 90 days, they can request to start termination of mom's rights, IF she has not contacted them at all yet. That would be Jan. 8th or later. Hoping to get that far..... :)
3 comments:
Sure hope this all works out for you guys. Blessings will come your way with all the goodwill you have done for the many wonderful children you ahve taken into your home. Good Luck!
Hip Hip Hooray! Hip Hip Hooray!
I'm so glad you got the results without having to wait another long week. I just feel giddy for you guys tonight knowing the DNA results were negative. Congrats!
That's exciting! Hope it all works out for you.
Post a Comment