I went to see Mya again this morning. I've been able to go see her everyday this week. And I'm taking the kids tonight for her 5pm feeding. I'll just be able to hold her up in the window for them to see her though. She is doing well- just snoozing away every time I go. Granted I usually show up AFTER they've fed her. Tonight will be my 1st time feeding her! I did get to change a poopy diaper today though, that was my 1st. :)
She isn't on an IV or anything, just in the bassinet with the 2 monitors on her. They score drug babies every 12 hours from birth on to see if they are having withdrawals. Apparently her scores were high initially, so she was started on methadone (tiny amount) on Sunday. I hate that!! I've been hoping she'd get off by now. You never know the long term effects of it in babies. She was born exposed to Morphine during pregnancy and apparently enough to make her have withdrawals. Last night and today her scores were very low so hopefully she'll be off it soon. (the only symptoms of withdrawal I have noticed is being really jumpy and a little twitchy- SO SAD!)
The dr. wasn't in when I was there this morning. Nurse didn't know how much longer the methadone will be given. Once she's off though- she's good to come home! ;)
oh P.S. We have chosen the name Mya (the way Jonathan likes it spelled) but I like Maya a little bit and now Miyah! ;) Which way do you like the spelling?
P.P.S. IF we do get to keep her name as Mya, we want to think of a middle name. I know her mother's name and it just doesn't flow well with our last name. But I don't know about having her families name tagged on her or not. Maybe just leaves bad memories of being abandon by them. Since Claire and Corin were 2 of my favorite names anyway, what about Mya Claire or Mya Corin, or Mya_______?
7 comments:
I like Maya. But I have seen it Mya and Mayiah.
I'm with Jonathan...I like Mya. :)
I like MYA!
Another vote for Mya :) So neat you get to visit her so much!
I like Nya. What's her mom's name? I like Claire betterthen Corin.
I meant MYA
i like mya claire! so cute!
Post a Comment