For my birthday, Jonathan and I went to Magic Mountain in CA this weekend. I LOVE roller coasters. I could ride them everyday! I love the steep slopes, the fast speeds and the flips and turns, all of it. But nothing could have prepared Jonathan or I for X2, a new ride at Magic Mountain.
Getting up later than planned, having to run an errand to my mom, then taking a crappy route to Valencia, running for the tram and realizing I am still in flip flops- back to the car, arriving at the front gate and THEN realizing I left the camera AND our tickets in the car while changing shoes! Tram back to car....grab the tickets, forget the camera still, but race into the park having already lost almost 3 hours, run to the closest ride just to get the dang day started. After minutes in line and being told the wait was 2 hours!
It was 4 1/ hours after park opening when we rode X2, but it was totally worth it! The ride is 5th dimensional, and we weren't sure what that meant. Even watching the ride go by for almost 2 hours, we couldn't hardly tell what happened. Starts off backwards, but at 2-3 points turns frontwards then back again. Goes up down around, loops, drops, who knows. It was totally mind boggling and I was laughing uncontrollable. Jonathan was moaning uncontrollable and the picture of us was priceless. Jonathan was hugging himself so tightly and had a horrific look on his face! I about died! He's not the fan I am of roller coasters! ;)
Next ride, the Riddler, also almost two hours. Started to get discouraged. With "fright fest" going on, it drew a crowd. But as the day wore on, the lines got shorter. About an 1 or so each and then suddenly, 15 minutes, then an hour again, then a 2 minute wait for the Viper. YES! We stayed clear up until closing, running from place to place trying to do them all.
My body aches like I was in a roll over accident. I guess a teenage body isn't affected like a 29 year old one! I don't remember hurting after rides. My legs ache too and my feet- from all the walking.
Even still, it was a fun day - I never laughed and giggled so much! Too bad we don't have pictures, (forgot our camera) if they weren't so insanely expensive there, I would have bought theirs. So funny, all of them- priceless!
Getting up later than planned, having to run an errand to my mom, then taking a crappy route to Valencia, running for the tram and realizing I am still in flip flops- back to the car, arriving at the front gate and THEN realizing I left the camera AND our tickets in the car while changing shoes! Tram back to car....grab the tickets, forget the camera still, but race into the park having already lost almost 3 hours, run to the closest ride just to get the dang day started. After minutes in line and being told the wait was 2 hours!
It was 4 1/ hours after park opening when we rode X2, but it was totally worth it! The ride is 5th dimensional, and we weren't sure what that meant. Even watching the ride go by for almost 2 hours, we couldn't hardly tell what happened. Starts off backwards, but at 2-3 points turns frontwards then back again. Goes up down around, loops, drops, who knows. It was totally mind boggling and I was laughing uncontrollable. Jonathan was moaning uncontrollable and the picture of us was priceless. Jonathan was hugging himself so tightly and had a horrific look on his face! I about died! He's not the fan I am of roller coasters! ;)
Next ride, the Riddler, also almost two hours. Started to get discouraged. With "fright fest" going on, it drew a crowd. But as the day wore on, the lines got shorter. About an 1 or so each and then suddenly, 15 minutes, then an hour again, then a 2 minute wait for the Viper. YES! We stayed clear up until closing, running from place to place trying to do them all.
My body aches like I was in a roll over accident. I guess a teenage body isn't affected like a 29 year old one! I don't remember hurting after rides. My legs ache too and my feet- from all the walking.
Even still, it was a fun day - I never laughed and giggled so much! Too bad we don't have pictures, (forgot our camera) if they weren't so insanely expensive there, I would have bought theirs. So funny, all of them- priceless!
On Thursday, my birthday, the kids and Jonathan (and my mom) gave me a smashing good party! ;) Thanks guys- LOVE YOU!
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment