Allie is back in Las Vegas. She was on the ground around 2pm today. The new parents wanted to meet her 1st and hoped that she might be able to stay with us her 1st night back and meet them later outside of Child Haven. But the case workers convinced them to go to Child Haven today right as Allie got there to meet her. Of course, they loved her! She's a totally doll and is very sociable. They were going to see how it went and if they decided it wasn't scary for Allie; they'd take her home. But if they were nervous to take her or if Allie seemed resistant to go with strangers AGAIN, Child Haven would call me to come get Allie for the night and we'd set up a transition time tomorrow. My kids loved that idea and were hoping for it.
At around 4:30 I got a call saying they LOVED Alexandra and she was thrilled to meet them. She really is sooooo adaptable, so I wasn't surprised. She's learned to just go with the flow. They felt very comfortable as did she in going home right then. So, bummer we won't see her today but very soon. The family wants & needs some time to give Allie all the attention and love shes so desires. They've decided with the case worker that bringing home Gentry on Sunday will give them time to adjust to a new child 1st. After all, adjusting to a baby is well just plain easy & fun! Before then, they'd like to see Gentry again and I'm sure introduce Allie to her little sister. I guess they might decide to take Gentry sooner, but at this point in my head she is now theirs. So either way is fine. I'm thrilled with the family life they can offer the girls.
We'll enjoy our last few days with Gentry and I can officially start counting the days till I get a full nights sleep again!! (although Gentry slept for 8 solid hours last night! Unbelievable, right?)
As for another baby, we'll get one soon. We have plans to camp at Mt. Charleston during Memorial Weekend and I'd rather not take along a 3-5 day old baby. So the start of June I'll call and ask when I can have my next one. :)