I got the call! I am free to go get her anytime from 1:30 on. We are thrilled, but now it is bitter sweet. This morning I got a text from the "adoptive family" in CA that had taken Allie. They've been struggling with the issues of a 5 year old girl and have now decided it isn't going to work. :( That is very disheartening and frustrating. I am sick about what this will do to Allie. Plans will be made to bring her back to Las Vegas.
We had made the decision not to adopt her once that family stepped in. But even now, we aren't sure she is best adopted by us. She & Carlaya will always be sharing that same place in the family. It is hard being the same age, same gender, same class, same everything- without the bond of being twins. Carlaya wants her as a friend, but not as a sister. I think Allie would agree with that too.
We knew with that family struggling that Allie MIGHT be coming back. Which put some risk on taking Gentry. If Allie comes back (which she now will) they will likely need to be placed in a home together. Because we aren't adopting Allie, she'll be placed elsewhere and Gentry will probably have to go too.
So picking her up in an hour isn't as exciting, knowing the outcome up front. We love her to death and she is an absolute doll, but being with her sister is probably best. There are lots of newborns needing great foster homes, so we'll get another if/ when we loose Gentry. For now, we'll love her to bits!