Friday, May 14, 2010

4 days so far....

We've had Gentry for 4 full days so far and no surprise, I haven't had as much time to get on the computer. I think one day this week I didn't even turn it on. So when I do have a second, I have just been checking my email and paying bills. That's about it.

She has been an absolute joy this week. She is new enough to still sleep non-stop. She is never awak for more than an hour at a time and that is rare. Even so, she is very quiet and always content. Each night has been different, but non too hard. She has not been up more than twice in the night. 2 of which she slept 5 solid hours before waking for her 1st feeding. I love her for that! :)

This week has been so busy with appointments for Gentry and our regular life as well. I had to be in Carlaya's class Monday, then picked up Gentry that night. Tuesday, we had a home health nurse by to visit. Wednesday- Mother's Day get together in Noah's class, YW's for me that night (took all 3 kids because Jonathan had to work late) Thursday, a transisition worker from child haven came to check on Gentry & see her room, I babysat a 1 yr. old for an hour & a 1/2 for a friend, took Gentry to her 1st Pediatric Appt., took Gentry to a WIC appointment (since she is on the most expensive formula ever!!- 16 oz. is $26! Good news, we get 8 free cans a month now for her. Who knew foster kids got WIC???! Glad the nurse filled me in.

On top of all this added to our schedule, I've still been trying to keep a clean house, stay up on laundry (3 baby loads so far!) attempt a decent dinner & nap whenever possible. :) BONUS!

Sorry to be brief. Well, brief for me. More updates next week..... ?