Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Blog Dump

A mumbo-jumbo of random thoughts and milestones and fun things about my kids!

If I had to choose this week what the kids were going to be when they grow up....

Carlaya- definetly a hair stylist. She lives to style hair. She spends a lot of time in front of the mirror primping her own look, as well as begging the rest of us to "line up" for her salon. She pretends to color, cut and curl.....and of couse adds clips and bows galore! She is actually getting quite good with some of her hair-dos. Allie is the most patient with her. Carlaya styles Allie's hair at least once or twice a day.

Allie- a total ROCKSTAR! Allie loves to sing and rock out. Period. She is constantly yelling out Hanna Montana songs, and some Taylor Swift. We rented Camp Rock from the Library last week and not only did we have to watch it twice a day for 5 days, when it wasn't on- we had to listen to Allie sing at the top of her lungs..."This is me, This is me, I am exactly where I'm supposed to be........la la la.....This is me now!" She loves to dress up and is quite the fashionista for her sudden performances.

Noah- a Dad. :) Of course, he talks about having a lunch box and going to work with his daddy when he gets BIG. LOL And wants to be a cop or firefighter off and on. But his greatest passion is being a dad. He loves when he gets to play mom/dad with Carlaya and Allie. (they switch off being mom/ big sister) He carries the baby around, has me help change its clothes when it has "pooped" but he always is the one to wipe her bum up and clean her. He loves to take care of babies. He pushes the stroller all around the house and puts them down for naps. Noah is also obsessed with real life Babies. His dream is to have one live at our house. He begs for that on a daily basis. He can go from totally active to completely loving and sitting so still with a baby. He is also the only 3 year old I know that can sit still on the couch for over 20 minutes holding a baby. Too bad just being a Dad doesn't pay. I need to convince him of some manly career to make up for his lack of manliness now. ;)

Highlights:
Carlaya finally passed off her 1st 25 sight words at school. She knew 24 perfectly forever, but kept getting hung up on 'WITH'. Tuesday when I tested the kindergartners, she finally got it right and recieved her much coveted "sight word soldier dog tag". :) She is getting so good and reads level one books to Noah and Allie.

Allie is also learning sight words, with 12-15 under her belt. My hope is to at least get her to the 25 mark before she moves away. So she can earn the schools dog tag. And she too is reading very simple books we get from the school.

Noah is learning to make his own bed. He contines to help with the laundry (sorting the clothes and then putting his clean undies, socks & pants away) picking up the house and giving me endless amounts of love!

Funnies:
At the doctor office one day, Carlaya noticed the lightswitches were different than ours at home. They were the traditional switch with the protuding nob. Not the flat rectangle button that just goes up or down. Anyway, they are pretty normal but not to Carlaya. She said to me, "Mom look at those. They are so weird, that is like old....from the 80's." LOL I have no idea where that came from or how she would even know what lightswitches looked like in the 80's.

I finished my puzzle!! I started a 1000 peice puzzle on January 1st. Thinking it would take a week or so. I finished on the 18th, but with 2 days not feeling well, I don't count those- since I didn't do a thing with the puzzle. 16 stressful, annoying, but fun days doing my puzzle off and on. Noah has let me know countless times, "mom, I am soooo proud of you!!!" He is thrilled that I finished it. :)

4 comments:

Stacey T. said...

I can't believe how fast they are growing up! Crazy!! Sounds like you guys are doing great! Good job on the puzzle ;)

Bleak's said...

Sooooo what happened to not having people comment? Then you have to put people love us. That's sad when it says 0 People love us! HAHAHAHA.... ok now I have to actually read your blog cuz I haven't yet. Then I'll comment again so it looks like MORE people love you! :)

Bleak's said...

Sounds like you guys need to get on the ball with a baby. Way cute though! The light switch story was pretty fun... and random about the 80's. hahaha

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

How fun! We miss you guys. We need to have a get together!