Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thankful for our Thanksgiving

(sorry these 2 posts are backwards. I did the 2nd one first and tried to save it as a draft to make it post before this one, but it didn't work.... You'll figure it out!)

We drove 1300 miles to Omaha, just for Jenny's cheese ball! Sike!! LOL
Just kidding, but Jenny did go above and beyond for us. She was up and running on high power trying to put on the best turkey day ever for us! ;)

She was pretty proud of her cheese ball. For her 1st time making one, it looked great and tasted even better. And I am NOT a cheese ball fan....



After setting up the appetizer table, she was so proud of her little display, we both laughed and had to take a picture. It was fun doing all the work ourselves. (for a tiny crowd anyway)
Here's the big Thanksgiving feast about to go down. Jonathan and I with Carlaya & Noah. Jenny & Andrew with their boys, Tanner & Benson! Thanks for having us! You are both excellent hosts. :)


Every year on Thanksgiving, downtown Omaha has a lighting ceremony. All the downtown area is strung with lights. Literally every tree! We parked a few blocks away and then walked in the chilly winter weather. It was fun waiting in the dark with a big crowd. Then out of no-where...

On came all the lights. It was so bright all the sudden and so pretty! White lights everywhere! Doesn't Carlaya have a fabulous attitude. (yeah right! )
On Friday, Jenny wasn't feeling well and I had a major migraine. She and I laid around being lazy and napped off/on most the day. The poor daddies had to pick up the slack. They walked the kids to the "gardens" to see the big train engines, they played with them at the park, and even took them to Bass Pro Shops to see Santa and play games. Thanks for the day off- Jenny & I needed it.
Saturday, the weather was great. Maybe in the 40's but with lots of sun. We went to the Omaha Zoo. I've been twice before when I visited Jenny alone, but this was Jonathan and the kid's 1st time. I love their zoo- it's even better than the San Diego Zoo! So many unique exhibits- most built indoors. This is their Jungle......




Cousin Tanner & Carlaya looking at the Macaws and some baboons...?
They have a really cool Butterfly Planetarium full of butterflies. We saw many HUGE ones in there!


It was a great trip and the weather was totally in our favor the whole time. We actually got warm a few times at the zoo and shed our coats. We never saw a drip of rain or snow during our 3 1/2 days in Omaha. Thanks for letting us come and being SO hospitable!