Tuesday, November 03, 2009

October Fun

I know, I know....I am LONG winded. What else is new? This post is obnoxiously long, but I will be brief and just give a short run down of all the pictures. Not any long stories! We had a busy October. Between my birthday on the 14th and Halloween, we were on the go constantly. The kids had 5 different times to wear costumes. The School Carnival, a Halloween party with our babysitter (the night of our party), Costume Parade at school, Ward Trunk R Treat, and of course Halloween. Whew..
Here is some of our fun!


My birthday "party" was a bit delayed because I got so sick with allergies and wasn't up to throwing my own party for the kids benefit. The day of the party (mostly for the kids) I was busy running errands and picking up stuff for dinner, so I didn't have time to make a cake and Jonathan offered at the last minute. Instead, I just picked up a small $8 cake at WalMart on my way home. I felt so weird telling them what to put on the cake. Not that they knew I was Camille or anything. Either way, apparently he didn't hear me. So when I got it- it read "20th Camille". What?! #1 doesn't really make sense. #2 I'm 28!, but hey who's counting. I just smiled and rushed home. Jon & I both got a kick out of it. Moral: Don't buy cheap (on the rack) cakes at WalMart.



The kiddos having a blast for my birthday! :) They love parties!


On October 23rd, was Noah's field trip to the pumpkin patch with his preschool class. They were charging just $5 a kid to get in, ride all rides, get a bottle of water, coloring book and a small pumpkin. I couldn't resist and pulled the girls out to go with us. **SOOO much cheaper and easier than paying the extra to take them later. They were thrilled to find out they got to miss school for this! (Allie is my little poser- you will notice in all pics!)



Not the greatest pics with no shoes on, but hey- the best I could get out of him!


Mini Petting Zoo! Allie loved it!!


Noah is afraid of most everything- everywhere. This included small harmless baby goats! I couldn't even get him close enough to touch them for a picture!



He loves his teacher Miss Bean and with her coaching, he did pet the goat for 1/2 a second.


Allie finally coaxed Noah onto this fun little ride, then he never wanted to get off. Notice the pose?!









October 23rd- that evening, was the Elementary Halloween Carnival. Because Carlaya didn't have her Tooth Fairy costume back yet from her grandma, we had to pull out this Ariel get-up from her dress up box. I just bought the red hair spray and-Walla! Instant costume! ;)


I had Allie's cheeks all pink with blush and cute freckles, but you can't tell much. The binky wore off her "much needed" baby lip gloss. LOL I think once Carlaya started her makeup, Allie was wishing she chose something more fun. Either way, she loved her warm night out as a baby.

Even got her face painted!


Noah went to Hurricane, UT for the night with his dad and uncle Travis. So it was just me and my girls for a night out. We iced sugar cookies before and then had a blast at the carnival. Yes, I chose to dress up for that too. I love to dress up. (4 times in one week!!)

________________________________
My Annual Halloween Party was on the 24th. We had a better turn out than last year, but still many of our closest friends weren't able to come for all different reasons. I got pictures of most of the couples there.
The "Octo-mom" and Perry the Platypus (from Phineas & Pherb)

Classy witch & Mr. Gonzalez! LOL He is Italian and pulled off a very good Mexican!


Miss 80's Punk Rocker and my dead/ injured City Center Employee ;)



He cheated because he is an airline pilot in real life, but this isn't his uniform. They were "flight instructors/ paratroopers"? She had the full head gear on but pulled it off before I got a pic.


Nasty gash....not compared to the one I missed on his neck!

There were 80's......ish and came late after attending an 80's b-day party. I think they could have done better! ;)
This was my favorite! I loved his costume and wouldn't have recognized him if it wasn't for his wife. He made the whole outfit himself. (back in college) Sewing and all! Very impressive!


My bloody autopsy room. (bathroom) :)


My head to toe random 80's get-up! :) Thank you thrift stores.


Just a few more pics of me.....I promise! LOL LOL
__________________________________

Halloween NIGHT!
Allie chose to be a "baby" on Halloween. She is missing her blankie in this pic though. She LOVED having her own Binky for the night. Allie loves to use baby talk, which normally I don't much allow. Tonight was her night to ham it up!
I didn't want Carlaya to be another Disney Princess or Fairy, however I did cave a little. We decided that the "Tooth Fairy" was unique enough. :) Thanks to Grandma Peterson who pulled off the fancy tooth fairy logo (that you can hardly see in this pic- sorry!)


When Noah decided to be an "Army Guy" for Halloween, he asked daddy if he would be an army guy too. Jonathan wasn't thrilled with the idea, but it made Noah's night. He borrowed all the army issued apparel from his active duty brother Travis.


I hate pictures the majority of the year. I am not photogenic at all and get so uncomfortable in front of the camera. However, on Halloween or near there...and in costume, I love to snap pictures. Yes, of myself! LOL LOL Specially with my "creatures". :)




Had enough yet? LOL


A yearly tradition, posing with "scary guy" after trick r treating.




One of my favorite parts- sorting the candy! Yes, of course- I organize candy too! ;)
What did we get?
13 whoppers
8 Hershey's
4 baby Ruth's
3 almond joys
2 paydays
1 100 grand
11 M & M's
12 Kit Kats
9 Reeses
3 Snickers
13 Milky Ways
18 3 Musketeers
9 Butterfingers
3 milk duds
2 york patties
1 crunch bar
1 heath bar
11 twix's
4 nerds
2 pixie stix (I think they ate 10+ before we counted)
4 Gummie Parts
2 gummie life savers
41 suckers
14 tootsie rolls
12 pieces of gum
5 Now & laters
24 laffy taffy
9 licorice
29 smarties
15 sweet tarts
10 jolly ranchers
3 Swedish fish packs
8 starbursts
10 jawbreakers
3 gobstoppers
2 runts
5 skittles
1 lemonhead pack
Sorry you asked? LOL (nobody said you had to read the WHOLE list!!)