Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Finally! A new Friend!

Coming home from our Peterson Family Reunion Sunday night, I knew that we'd have another foster child soon. Specially since we got the rockin' new van, because they always need sibling pairs placed and we could finally take them both! :) I thought of even calling them on the way home to see if they had any available in our age range. Jonathan drove up separately a day late, so he actually beat me home. There was a message from DFS hoping to place a 5 year old boy on Friday night/ Sat. morning. When he called back to see if he was still there, the boy had been placed BUT they had a 5 year old girl that now needed to be placed!! He called me so excited and wanted to tell me all about her. A 5 year old girl, Caucasian with brown hair and cute as can be- Alexandra! We were told we could pick her up at 9:30 am Monday morning.

Getting foster kids is like being pregnant......to me. Your water could break at any time and then you have a new child. Just like the phone can ring at any time of the day........and we get a child! Only being pregnant you usually know what your getting and you definitely know the age!

With Alexandra, it was like a planned C-section. We knew the time & the place.....but there were so many unknowns and so much suspense! The waiting and wondering made Jonathan and I so anxious! :)

I actually wasn't able to pick her up until 11:00 Monday (due to my VT'ing). But when they walked her in to me....I just smiled. She is the cutest thing I've ever seen! And tiny! Teeny Tiny, petite little Ally. She has the tiniest features- she looks like a darling little mouse. She is the same height as Noah, my 3 year old. But weighs even less!



With the continued foster children that come & go, I have decided that it's best I go PRIVATE. Although I talk very general about them, I don't want to get in trouble for anything that I post. Please email me at lv_camille@yahoo.com OR leave your email address in my comments and I'll send you an invite.

12 comments:

acutely cherished said...

Invite me please! =) Oh, and congrats on the new car, scratch that, VAN! My sister is in town with her van, it is a life savor, the time just comes when it is the best possible car. Oh and I hear the honda's are the BEST!!

Bleak's said...

She is such a cutie! Keep us updated on how everything goes. Andrew and I miss you guys already!

Stacey T. said...

She is adorable! You know my email address! Add me to the invite list!

Tessa Marie said...

She is too cute! You have my email too so please add me!

SandS said...

hey girl...i love your blogs!!! my email is b_escobedo@yahoo.com

Congrats....
Benita

Anonymous said...

The Texas Tomlinsons enjoy your blog. Invite us to read more...
jordantomlinson@yahoo.com

Kristen said...

I love reading your blog, so please invite me. I use ads@kcs-consulting.net.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

send me an invite at lindsaygriffeth@Yahoo.com !

Vicki said...

Hi Camille,
Send me an invite at taylorvicki@mac.com. Sometimes I wish mine was private, but then for the same reasons as you mentioned, I keep it open. It's a tough decision.

Portia said...

We want to be invited...plthorley@gmail.com. :)

Andrus Family said...

Totally understand! Here's my e-mail:

leslie_andrus@yahoo.com

Kathy said...

jwktober@cox.net