That night with a house full of Christensen's (maybe 35-40), we decided to get out and have some fun. "Sheeps Bridge" is a locals hot spot to play and float in the Virgin River. Everyone jumped right in the "white water" and began to splash, play and float along. Jonathan, Tina and I walked a little further up stream where the water was shallow and much milder. The little ones had a blast.

Carlaya's cousin Maddie from AZ. She is 5 too!

It is maybe only a foot deep here, but they had fun floating along, until they got hung up on some rocks! After a while they went further up stream with the BOYS to look at fish and walk around.

It is maybe only a foot deep here, but they had fun floating along, until they got hung up on some rocks! After a while they went further up stream with the BOYS to look at fish and walk around.
It was then a race home to be the first of 30+ people to get a shower. :)
Saturday morning, we all got up early to head to FREDONIA, Arizona! Yipee! The Christensen's are cousins to the Brooksby's and it was a big Brooksby reunion there. So they combined the Christensen reunion as well. The whole family, including some of my FIL's 10 siblings with their kids/ grand kids all walked in the parade.....except for Jonathan and I- we are party poopers and opted to watch the parade to get CANDY!! As the family went by, Grandma C. grabbed the kids to finish out the parade and dropped Tina's baby to me (2 1/2 month old Brayden). He is an adorable little baby boy that is chunking up and is at the perfect stage in my opinion. I wish I had a picture of him!
From the festive park at Fredonia, we drove into Kanab, Ut to pick up a gazillion tables and chairs for the Brooksby/Christensen luncheon. Onward, ever onward.......From there we drove to Alton, Utah! I think it might be the smallest town I've ever been to. YES, smaller than my home town of 700 people- Panaca, NV. Tina's husband Kory grew up there and his parents still live there. I asked his dad the population. He said with or without cats/dogs?....LOL Actually about 100 people! The best part (wish I had a pic to prove it) .....all the Stop Signs say "WHOA" instead of "STOP". LOL HILARIOUS!
Alton has the fun small town games and attractions I grew up having. A local man named "Art" has a small train he made to give rides to the kids. It is "A. - Alton's, R. - Rail-less, T. Transit, S. System. He gives free rides over and over again to the kids. Of course they all had a blast on this. Luckily, Noah wanted his dad to ride along, so I was off the hook and on picture duty.

Waiting for their turn and hearing the rules

All aboard!

A short while later, we drove a few miles up the road to a cabin owned by the Brooksby family. We had a HUGE delicious meal with deep pit BBQ beef and tons of sides provided by all attending. I didn't get to know many of the Brooksby's but I did spend time socializing with a lot of the Christensen cousins.
On the drive home I got SOOOOO car sick, that we stopped in Cedar to visit my sister and so I could be out of the car for a while and try to relax. We ended up just staying the night there so the kids could play with their cousins. We walked up the hill from her house and were able to see the Cedar fireworks pretty well. We also did sparklers and "pop its" with the kids. It was a fun night for the kids!
On Sunday, we drove into St. George to be at Jaime Jason Chipman's blessing. (Sheri's baby) Jonathan's little sister Sheri had her baby 3 weeks after his older sister Tina. So we were able to then gock over him at the Christensen/ Chipman luncheon after the blessing.
It was a long weekend, with what felt like a TON of driving. I only got carsick once- so that's a plus! I seem to have issues with that. It was nice to be around family and let our kids play with cousins.
Happy Independence Day America!


1 comment:
You forgot the best part: when you got to stop in Cedar and visit your awesome sister and her family! :-)
That Sheeps Bridge place looks fun, though. I wanna do that sometime!
Post a Comment