So we are now a full 3 days into this. :) So far so good. This kid is cute and has excellent manners- but he also has an inSANE amount of energy. We are adjusting well though and surprisingly it has taught us more patience! Even Jonathan is doing very well with it all. The 1st afternoon he was watching the TAZ swirl through the house and he said, "Uh, I don't know if I'm up for this". LOL But the longer we are doing it, the easier it seems to get.
Giovanni is polite but gets really silly. He likes to grab stuff from you and take off running, which is really frustrating. BUT all I have to do is start counting....1....2......3! And he is always back with it by 3! LOL
He is has a good routine- He washes his hands right after the toilet, asks to brush his teeth every night and likes a bath before bed. He eats well- finishing everything on his plate and usually asking for 2nds. For the most part, he and Noah are playing good together. They are hilarious and make each other laugh a lot. Noah is getting tired of having to share everything and we are dealing with some of his meltdowns. But things are good.
Most of all Giovanni likes Jonathan. He has told Jonathan "I love you" several times now. I think he is a daddy's boy at home! :) He jumps on Jonathan and gives him the biggest hugs. Jonathan sure gets a kick out of him.
This week we should meet the case worker and hopefully find out more or get an idea of how long this may last. For now, we are loving him up and just trying to have FUN!
4 comments:
how fun! keep us updated!!!
How fun! Giovanni sounds adorable, and I think he's so lucky to have such a great foster family!
What a cute little early bird you have. Congrats! I hope you have a good week.
Noah being frustrated more is normal, it's like having a friend stay over a long time without going home and taking over all his stuff... i'd probably be frustrated too! I'm glad it is working out for everyone too. Let me know what the case worker says. Maybe you'll have a permanant second son. :)
Post a Comment