Thursday, June 11, 2009

We have a new friend at our house!


Three year old Trouble! :)

Finally after some prompting- we got another foster child! I decided to just call "receiving" tonight and let them know we are really wanting a foster child. She laughed and told me they have a couple sibling groups of three. Obviously we don't have room for that, so I let her know what we did want and she asked me several questions. 1 of which was "how late can we call?" I told her I am up very late most every night AND I wouldn't mind getting a middle of the night call either. She said if we are a 24 hour placement family, we'll get many more calls. So with that I hung up (at 6 pm) and hoped that our call would be soon. I didn't know that our call would come at 7:15!
As the phone rang, I joked and told Jonathan "theres a kid!". He rolled his eyes. I ran in and I saw the number 455-**** I knew that any 455 # was Department of Family Services! I screamed out to Jonathan- "It really is a kid!!"
I answered, "Hello?, Do you really have a kid already?!" She laughed and said YES!! Finally! I would have called sooner if I had known it was that easy. :)

I was told he was a bi-racial 2 year old boy with no issues emotionally or behavior wise. I arrived to find 3 year old boy, Giovanni, who is probably Italian. :) He is adorable and TALKS TALKS TALKS.
He is very smart for his age and very mature! I have laughed several times tonight just listening to him. He seems to adjust well and doesn't appear upset by the situation. I guess that is a good thing. Now if only I can get the kid to settle down and go to bed. He isn't tired by any means and he let me know that he doesn't need to go to bed, because he had a nap- YESTERDAY! :)
These two cute weasels have played non-stop since Giovanni got here last night. We have had just a few small battles. I'm hoping they'll continue to play well together for as long as he's here.

The only downside for me has been the sleep issue. Which is an ISSUE for me (most everyone that knows me- knows that I NEED my sleep!) Sweet little Gio wandered in at 6:45 this morning. Which isn't too terribly early, BUT I didn't get to bed till almost 1am AND my own kiddos sleep till almost 9, so that was hard. Here's to hoping for nap! .....................

4 comments:

Amber Lee said...

OK, I just read this whole page of blogs, so I'm not going to leave comments everywhere. For awhile I was just spending too much time on the web between facebook and blogs, so I took a break, not realizing how much you'd written!
I'd forgotten about your summer days list but need to do the same thing for my kids. We'll work on it this weekend.
Good luck with Giovanni!

Amy Jane said...

He sounds like a cute kid! I think it is great that you are so into this!!

Tessa Marie said...

Awesome! I'm so excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear how things go with Giovanni!

The Lively's said...

Good luck with things your an amazing chick!