I have a few good ideas! :)
Last year I somewhat got an idear from my SIL in Arizona. She made a summer fun jar (or whatever she called it). A mason jar filled with slips of paper saying fun things to do for each day of summer. Her kids 5, 4, & 1 helped her come up with the ideas. I decided to put our ideas on a calendar because I didn't like the idea of not knowing what activity my kids would draw out for the day. :)
It worked really well and Carlaya loved being able to look ahead and see what was coming up. It made summer much more fun and made me stick to my promise to do something fun every day. Some of our ideas are: park day, bike ride, craft day, run through the sprinklers, go to the Shark Reef, picnic, activity day at the library (look at their website for days/times of certain activities), swimming day, learning day (work on math/reading), bean bag toss, scavenger hunt, cooking day, etc....
For the set activities like the movies in the park or activities at the library I actually typed them into the calendar before printing it off. For the rest, I searched for pictures off photobucket.com. I cut/pasted the pictures into WORD so that I could duplicate them and print them out the size that would fit into my calendar. I cut them out, then let Carlaya pick which days (with some help) and she glued them all on. Now we have a summer full of activities and the kids have at least 1 fun thing to look forward to every single day of the week clear through August! I do have some empty spots, but we will fill them in & on occasion we may have to move some things. But overall- our summer is planned! Take a look.....
We were late getting it ready so Sunday was our 1st official day and Carlaya wanted to make cookies, so that is why we have a Cookie Monster on Sunday. :)

June, July & August activities!
(up close)

For Example: The movie reels on Tues/Wednesdays are for the FREE movies at Regal this summer. They do a Family Film Festival and have 2 free movies every Tues/Wedn.! We love to go!
The School House is for our learning day. I found lots of cute activity sheets (online) to help with reading, writing, math and comprehensive work before Kindergarten this fall.
The Scissors is a art project day. The Chef Hat is a cooking day. I will pick a kid friendly recipe to have the kids cook with my help- of course. And so on.........
OTHER FUN ACTIVIES:
go to http://www.regmovies.com/nowshowing/familyfilmfestivalschedule.aspx to see the list of movies for the Family Film Festival at Regal Theaters here in Las Vegas.
look at: http://www.dltk-kids.com/ for free lesson plans, coloring pages, crafts & activities for kids
Also don't forget to check your local library's website. Our's is having a puppet show one night, a Monday Night Story time in your Pj's with teddy bears, a Superhero day, and a Treasure Hunt!
1 comment:
That is such a cute idea!! I wanna do the library stuff with you! I might even do the mason jar!!! ;)
Post a Comment