Monday, May 04, 2009

Worlds BEST Cleaner!

Greased Lightning!!
I attended an Enrichment activity in the fall where we learned basic home maintenance that could save us big $$. It was interesting and I learned a lot. But my favorite part was when he showed us a good tile/grout cleaner. The guy is in our ward and VERY VERY handy- with Everything. He uses all kinds of cleaners, degreasers, etc.- and many are expensive, but days before our activity he came across "GREASED LIGHTNING" at Home Depot.
He tried it in place of his own favorite product and loved it. It worked just as good and was 1/2 the price. When he showed us how it worked on grout- I WAS SOLD.
My grout should be peach-ish. Yeah right!, it's anywhere from dark grey to light grey. Depending on how hard I mop and scrub it. So I forgot all about this cleaner (???) and just the other day in Home Depot I saw it- Gleaming with glory- right at the entrace. Best part, you ask? It's only $7.49 for the liter spray bottle AND a gallon jug full! AMAZING deal- I tell ya, Amazing!!
Now this is my tile. The grout has already been scrubbed so you can't see how GREY it was. But after scrubbing the grout clean, I mopped my floor with Pine Sol as usual and I was disgusted. Every time AFTER mopping, my floor is spot free and smells nice- but still dingy looking. Well now the grout was sparkling and each tile square had 1/4 of an inch clean streak around all 4 edges (from scrubbing the grout) I then had to scrub each individual tile with a bigger scrub brush- what an amazing difference. My tile is cleaner than I've ever seen it! I left this one square 1/2 scrubbed so Jonathan could see the difference when I got home. Both sides have been mopped as hard as I always mop.....but the right 1/2 got the Greased Lightning treatment! :) Pretty nice, eh?
So yeah I spent 3 hours on my knees last week scrubbing my kitchen floor and another 3 hours today scrubbing the dinning room and surrounding areas! (both times my darling Carlaya willing helped- that girl LOVES to clean!)

5 comments:

The Lively's said...

Too funny because I just used that crap to clean my shower tonight...( we have some serious hard water) ... and well it didn't do a thing and let me tell you I scrubbed & scrubbed. So maybe I will have to try it on our grout. Nice tile by the way I think we have the very same one.

Camille said...

what?! I can't believe it didn't work on your hard water.....hard to believe.

Did you let it soak a bit? You have to spray it, then let it run, soak or whatever, then clean in circles.....scrubbing. I don't know cause I didn't have to really scrub hard at all....it cleaned my tile with little effort. It was just very time consuming to do inch my inch....

Bleak's said...

Looks good, I may have to go buy some, my floor cleaner is almost gone!

Andrus Family said...

I LOVE hearing about a good cleaner for grout - thanks for the tip!

Brooke said...

scrubbing tile floors is RIDICULOUS!!!!!! I still need to try that stuff!