Monday, February 16, 2009

~Carlaya's Birthday Party~

Carlaya's 5th birthday was a crazy one, but at least she had a blast.
I thought things would go smoother with a craft to keep little hands busy. So I bought some fabric paints and an apron for each girl (and Noah & Jon- Gracies' twin brother) We let them stamp their hand and use sponges to decorate. Then Amy & I (the twin's mom) helped each of them write their name on it with paint. They turned out pretty cute, but the paint didn't dry like I thought it would and wasn't very visible. But hey, the girls loved doing it and loved each having their own apron to take home. (sorry no pics of this step- totally forgot)
Next, was another project. Because the party was during dinner time, I thought we should let them make their own dinner. They each had 2 english muffins then shared bowls of pizza sauce and mozzarella to decorate their pizzas. They loved making them and wanted to make sure they got "theirs" back. ;) With both projects, we wanted to keep their clothes clean, so each was draped in Jonathan's big work shirts. LOL Between the painting and the pizza's they all ran upstairs and came down in different clothes: dress-ups and Carlaya's church clothes.....?!

Showing them how it's done..... :)


While the pizzas were in the oven, they played ring toss on Carlaya's blow up castle from her 3rd birthday.


Enjoying the fruits of their labors!
Homemade pizzas, fresh strawberries, grapes, & apples.
Carlaya wanted a "Belle" cake. I had a Belle cake topper left from her 3rd B-day, so I thought I'd make one. She had plenty of suggestions on what I could do. She wanted flowers around Belle and said, "you can also make a garden and a pond, if you want". Well I didn't quite attempt to make a full on garden or a pond, but she loved it and well, its the best I could do last minute.
"Make a Wish"!
During "present time" this one just wasn't coming out. Carlaya had like 4 girls pulling on the gift, while she tried to get the wrapping off. This is a dark and somewhat blurry picture, but I thought it was so funny!

1 comment:

Bleak's said...

Sounds like it was a fun party. Did you make all the aprons for the girls? I want to make some for Tanner for painting or cooking. Too much fun!!!
Oh, and whats with you NOT leaving comments on all of my posts? You always do. I felt totally gipped!! :)