Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Carlaya's 5th Birthday!!
Carlaya has had a fabulous Birthday today! (and we haven't even had her party yet)
She woke up to find that Daddy had taken a "sick day" (although he wasn't super sick, but sick enough apparently to spend the day with Carlaya) :)
We had her favorite- french toast for breakfast with a candle on top! Then at 11:30 her new Primary teachers came by to wish her a Happy Birthday and brought her a balloon and bag of candy. They are the best and totally made her day!! Daddy fed her lunch and got her snack packed for school (1st time he's been home for this) and I grabbed her cupcakes (to share with her class) as we headed out the door. At school, Miss Alex greeted her with a big "Happy Birthday" and when we picked her up she had a Birthday color packet, bookmark, and a pencil with a B-Day card from her teachers! From there we headed to the big (EXPENSIVE) Build-a-Bear!! This was Carlaya's 1st time (although for torture, I've let her walk the store several times before) She had to be old enough to really appreciate such an expensive bear! LOL
She had a fabulous time and I think we were in there over an hour! After that, we decided it was getting late to head home and start dinner, so we went to TGIF's and then had the staff sing to her and bring her free ice cream, of course! It was a fun day spent as a family and she had a blast. Several times today, she's told us, "This is the best birthday ever!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I'm so glad you stopped by our little blog. Happy Birthday to your hub and Carlaya!! Congrats and best wishes through your adoption process. Man, I need to check your blog more often. Love ya!!
Aww Happy Birthday Carlaya! What a fun day!
she has changed sooo much! I absolutley love this age. It looks like she had so much fun. The build a bear looks like fun, i bet jack would love that, although i don't think he has seen it.
Wow what a fun day! I think the last time we saw you guys was her last birthday...oh wait maybe the circus. let's get together! I'm a terrible planner but i'll try
Too fun!!! I forgot.. sorry Carlaya! Happy Birthday a day late. I sounds like the whole day was pretty fun.
The bathroom sign thing is so funny! Andrew was laughing. I should start putting up some of the random funny things Tanner says.
That's so awesome! I'm glad Carlaya had such a great birthday!
Post a Comment