Tuesday, February 03, 2009

ramblings....

I thought I'd post just to update family.......because not really anything big has been happening. Our kids birthdays are now just a week away. Carlaya on the 10th and our then Noah, our little cupid, on Valentines day! I planned to skip the party thing this year, because we've done one just about every year since. But well Carlaya will be 5. Turning 5 just deserves a Party! :) And then I'd feel guilty for not throwing Noah one. So we decided Carlaya will have a small party with 5 girls here at the house. And Noah gets to pick one of his buddies (he only has like 2-3) to go to Chuck-E-Cheese with us for Lunch on his Birthday. He is more than thrilled about that!
Carlaya is into Belle currently and so we thought we'd have a Belle Dinner Party. I am going to get something (not decided upon yet) for the girls to for a craft, then they will make their own mini pizza's on english muffins, and possibly even get to decorate their own Valentines cookies. (if I get them made before hand)

Other than the party plans noted above, not much else has been going on, but we are busy. Not sure why.....I guess just church callings.
Each week we have our Foster/Adopt classes on Sunday's from 1-4pm, Monday is family night, Tuesday's Jonathan takes 3 of our wards young men to a Missionary Prep Class (at Institute), Wendesday's Jonathan teaches new member discussions to two recently converted teen boys, then Thursday's we have our Ward Missionary Meeting, and sometime on Friday or Saturday's we try to get our family visits in- for Ward Missionaries.

On top of that, Jonathan is still working round the clock, however his days have been ending before dark! :) I babysit for a friend on Wednesdays -all day. Then for my cousins lil' 3 month old on Monday/ Wednesday afternoons. So that keeps me busy.
We both hope our schedule slows down some by May so we feel like we have more time to devote to a new foster child. This sunday is week 3 of training- only 5 to go!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow I love the pictures!!! who took them!! So cute! So now I've found you! No more secrets (hehe) ;) I love Jonathan's cake!! It's awesome!!

Camille said...

Well Actually, Ryan Anderson from the ward took our pics. He's been advertising on the stake email that he does photos- cheap too!

Stacey T. said...

I cant believe Carlaya is going to be 5! Crazy!