Well after years of talking "adoption", we finally decided to take the classes to get started. Tuesday night we went to Foster/ Adoption orientation. Our actual classes will begin on Sunday, Jan. 25th and be every week for 8 weeks. After that, we will be all but licenced to begin fostering and looking for our little adoption.
For those of you who hadn't heard this from us before...... I am DONE having babies. I do not care to be pregnant, nor do I care to ever give birth again. I am not even too terribly fond of having a baby around 24/7. Something about not sleeping and not having enough patients....?
Call me crazy, call me horrible, whatever it be......I am not having another baby. And why should I? There are hundreds of children right here in Nevada that need a good home. Why would I bring another into this world, when they are already here, waiting for me to raise them.? I just really feel strongly that we are meant to adopt at least one child. It would be ideal to find a little boy and a girl sibling pair. We'll wait and see.
For now we are hoping to find a little boy about a year younger than Noah. The kid is way to girly with Carlaya and needs a brother! :)
6 comments:
i am so excited! let me know how it all goes! adoption is so cool.. you guys rock!
That's awesome. And I TOTALLY hear ya about being over the baby thing! :) Not my favorite stage, either.
I think it's so cool that you guys are doing this, especially if we end up adopting, too. I can't wait to have a new little nephew or niece!
Congrats on the process beginning. I know it is a long one. We to have thought about fostering, I am not sure about adopting, but I would love to bring kiddos into a loving home. Good Luck. I hope everything works out.
Good to hear from you, ya we are still in Vegas. Thats very exciting for you. There are definitally kids that need a good home out there. Hope all goes well for you.
That is awesome! I have to laugh whenyou talk about not liking to give birth, because the story you told at the class reunion a couple of years ago seriously terrified me about child birth.:) I would want to do it again after your experience either.
Post a Comment