Jonathan and I had a fun New Year's Eve. We didn't have any parties to go to and didn't plan one ourselves, but we did go out on the town. We got a sitter, then went to Dinner at LoneStar Steak house. After that we saw "7 Pounds"!!! Such an awesomely, magically made, terrific movie!! LOL We both LOVED LOVED LOVED it! It was then 11:15 pm, so we stopped for some hot chocolate then found ourselves a close up open view of the strip fireworks (Spring Mtn./Rainbow). They were totally lame this year because they were off the parking garages NOT the casino roof tops. So, they were hard to see and we lost interest quick. But it was fun just sitting in the cold car, sipping hot cocoa and visiting/flirting and giggling. :)
New Year's Day we drove up to Hurricane to spend the day with Jonathan's family and stayed the night. Friday we left the kids with them for the weekend and drove back to Vegas for Jonathan's "birthday weekend". Yes, his birthday is not until Jan. 22nd, but he is working Saturday's for the rest of the month. So this was our chance, plus he had Friday off!
(every year he just wants a weekend get-a-way) (in a hotel- somewhere) This year after looking at our Utah options, I decided I could get a room on the strip for the same or cheaper than some of their so-so hotels. I looked at Pricelines room prices and then tested my luck by bidding on a room. I picked the Strip Central location and really hoped I didn't get Circus Circus, Flamingo, Tropicana, Harrah's, Bally's or some other old school joint. I really wanted Planet Hollywood because we hadn't been down to check that one out yet. But I would have been happy with Venetian, Bellagio, Paris or Mandalay.
If you know Priceline, you know you have to be careful how you bid. You bid too low, then you have to change *'s of the hotel or general area. I wanted a 3-4* or higher. I bid $60, grit my teeth and crossed my fingers. I didn't want some stupid one, but I hated for it to kick my bid back then I'd have to do the east or west side. SCARY!! It popped up.......your bid has been accepted! PLANET HOLLYWOOD!! Yay, what are the chances! I was stoked! So then I called Blue Man Group to see if they were running any kind of local discount since it is the off season. 1/2 price!! Double Yay!
We checked in Friday afternoon, the rooms were sweet! Really classy design and huge bathrooms with a glass shower and a garden tub! We hit up Olive Garden for dinner because we had a gift card from Christmas........gotta save somewhere! LOL
We spent Saturday shopping the Miracle Mile Shops (previously Dessert Passage), had lunch next door at the Harley Davidson Cafe, then to the Blue Man Group. We can back exhausted and felt like losers ready for bed. At 9pm, I was hungry and talked him into getting dressed up to go eat at Yolos Mexican Cuisine right in the casino. It was the most yummy mexican ever and really not to expensive. We checked out Sunday morning and then just spent the day hanging out, sleeping, and waiting for our kids to come home. It was a fabulous weekend away and we had a blast with each other! We never really felt like we were 20 minutes from home either.
1 comment:
Sounds awesome! I can't believe you got the hotel you wanted by bidding on Priceline- it must have been meant to be ;)
Post a Comment