
Today Jonathan is 27!
And like every other day....he was stuck at work- WORKING OVERTIME. He has been working incredibly hard lately and for long long LONG hours. Last week he had one 15 hour day as well as an 18 hour day!! Craziness! I am grateful that he has the opportunity to work 65 hours in one week, but come on.....he does still have a family at home. And we like to see him- WHEN HE IS AWAKE!! :)
Anyway, the kids and I tried to plan a fun evening. We bought him his own digital camera finally. He doesn't care for mine and can rarely figure it out.......His pics are always blurry on it.
When standing 56 floors high at 4am in Las Vegas, he has an incredible view and always wants to take pictures. He would love to capture more moments at work and with his new very own camera, hopefully he can figure it out, and do just that!
One of his favorite restaurants is Memphis BBQ, plus you get a free rack of ribs for your b-day. So since he was late again, he just met us there at 6:30 tonight. The kids and I also had a surprise cake for him. The pics are on his new camera, so I'll put those up later this weekend. But it was red, with a black street on the right side.......cruising down it- a hot rod Harley. (which he really wanted for his b-day) Only not a 3 inch long die-cast model. he he he Anyway, then I wrote on the left side, " Happy Birthday to a Smokin' Hot Daddy". I left it in the car until we were seated, then I snuck out and brought it in to the front hostess. She hid it at her desk until we were near done eating...... Then placed the Harley on the road, lit the candles and a team of them came singing to our table. He was embarrassed but thanked them for the cake....they let him know his awesome wife made it! ;) It was totally amateur, but I thought it turned out cute enough.
So it was a fun night out as a family, and finally some time with my hubby! Even if it was only an hour & a 1/2.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday!!! Sorry we didn't get to talk in person but we were thinking about you the entire day.
I forgot to ask you how he liked the camera--is he going to keep it? I want some pictures of your sweet cake! You didn't tell me about that!
PS Happy Birthday, Uncle Jon! We would have called, but Camille told me you were working all morning and were going to be with them in the evening, so I decided to leave you alone! That was my b-day present to you! :-)
Post a Comment