Well as fast as Christmas came, it was gone. We had our 1st Christmas home alone this year. We were tired of traveling and trying to hide all the goods along the way AND we knew this year Santa was bringing some large things for the kids. We didn't want to have to leave them in Hurricane- because we knew they wouldn't fit in the Honda to come home.
It was nice to have just us. Of course Jonathan was the first to wake up but at least it was only 7:15. The kids and I are not morning people! So I ran down to turn the Christmas tree on, grab the video camera and make sure all was ready. Then I led Jonathan and the kids down. (Jonathan had unwrapped presents waiting) Noah was the 1st to spy coming down the stairs, he yelled out, "Barbies!!!" He was just as thrilled with Carlaya's barbie house as she was! he he he He ran to it, then saw his much wanted tools, then back to the Barbies, he was torn. Poor kid! Jonathan quickly led him straight to his tool bench and tried to make a man out of him. They were both thrilled with what Santa delivered. (Although apparently last week while sitting on Santa's lap at Bass Pro shops, Carlaya also asked Santa for polly's...? - so she was dissapointed he didn't drop them off too)
Jonathan had asked for a bookshelf and some new books. He is recently getting into reading?! He also LOVES nutcrackers, so I get him a new one each year. As for myself, I wanted an entertainment center. We had a nice BIG one in our last house, but sadly upon buying out here, it would not fit and we had to sell it (barely a year old!) So we did the best we could and bought a little tv stand which was small but tall and looked really random in the tv nook. I've hated it for almost 2 years now. SO I was pleased when Jonathan agreed to buy me a new real entertainment center again. My present was delivered by Santa's elves: RC Willey men back on the 15th! So I just have had my red bow up on it. I was surprised though, when Jonathan had 2 wrapped gifts under the tree for ME. A cute framed pic of him on top of Cosmo downtown in his work get-up, AND a real snow boarding outfit!! White board pants, and a super cute brown/green board jacket!
It was great to go at our own pace and enjoy the morning. We did however head to Hurricane that afternoon to have a big Christmas dinner with Jonathan's family. We spent the night with them and then drove back home Friday night. My family was all here Friday and Saturday. So we had a fun filled Holiday, spending time with both families!



5 comments:
Hi Camille! Sounds like you guys had a nice Christmas. It'll be fun to keep in touch through blogging. I added you to my feed so I'll know when you blog. I don't really know Starla Evans. She was involved in a Biggest Loser contest that I was in, but I never met her. I think she is realated to a good friend of mine, Elizabeth Dover, who is from Cedar City.
It's nice to back in touch! Love, Becky
That Barbie house is so awesome!!! I can't believe you guys built it from scratch! I'm seriously amazed :) Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas!
Looks like you had a good Christmas! You better make your blog private! Someone is going to come and steal all your presents! J/k
Love the Barbie house. I'm trying to talk Kory into building one for Maddie for her birthday this year.
First of all, I love your entertainment center and the fact you've upgraded to your second home! Lucky you!
Having Delaney is so fun! But I'm sure you know that with your darling little girl.
BTW, thanks for the compliment! It's nice to hear these days. You're a doll:) Good to hear from ya.
Post a Comment