Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Our Fall Family Photo Shoot




On October 11th, the absolute coldest day on RECORD for Clark County, we had scheduled to go take photos up at Mt. Charleston- of all places.........6,000 feet up where it was only 30*!!! I wanted to get out of it, but with Jonathan's schedule and our photographers- who is a metro cop from our ward that photos on the side.....it was really the best day. We BUNDLED up and drove regrettably up the mountain. It was dark and gloomy and freezing! Once up at the TOP, it wasn't so bad, cold, but not windy. We HIKED (uuugh) for almost 45 minutes up a strenuous hill- why you ask? well, that's where all the aspens were with their beautiful leaves. At this point, I was thinking ok- who cares, I don't need aspens, lets just take some and get back in the car! The kids were too cold to walk and it was quite hard, so Jonathan and I each packed 30lbs of kid up the hill!! I was in heeled boots I might add. We all tried to have our best smiles on, but the bitter cold made it hard- and well IMPOSSIBLE for Noah!! We'd strip down all our coats, pose for a picture, then layer back up and keep walking. It was fun in the most miserable way! :) We got some really great pictures, but not a good family one. someone was either looking away or Noah was just plain looking like a demon.
On October 20th on a beautiful 84* afternoon- we took some more shots right here in our neighborhood and at the church. Ryan- our photo guy (friend) wanted to get some good close ups of the kids and us. WE also tried a few more family pics, none of which Noah would smile for. He was very difficult even with it warm!! Anyway, we are pretty pleased with them, none-the-less......hope you enjoy!

To see these photos and more......click on the "my myspace" link under My favorites. Once on my page, click on "pics" under the main profile pic. The "family photo shoot" album is on the 2nd row, 4th one over.......

6 comments:

The Baker said...

those pictures are great. the close up of the kids are adorable and i love the one of you and carlaya

Nicole said...

Your pictures turned out so cute.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I'm impressed with your trek for a picture. It was worth it . . . they turned out cute!

Stacey T. said...

So cute!! Did you have tons of them blown up?

Anonymous said...

omg! i love your family pics! you guys are so dang cute! i love that one you have posted on the side of your blog of carlaya! ps. your hair is stylin'!!! did you cut it again?

Bleak's said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! Maybe I got the Ike name from you. I had looked at your blog but totally forgot you named your guy that. Then the other day "Ike" just popped in my head. And I thought that it was a good skeleton name! HAHAHHA Too funny!
PS
So way cute pictures. You have some many good different poses. I like the family walking ones and the seperate girl and boy shots!