Monday, November 10, 2008

W. Earl Roe


W. Earl Roe
December 28, 1922 -November 10, 2008
My mom's dad has been living in Panaca with them, so that she and my dad could take care of him. His days have been getting short and we knew he didn't have long. I just got the call tonight that he passed away around 6:10 pm. I am sad, but mostly just sad for my grandma and their children left behind. I got to see him many times after we initially thought he would pass. Just last weekend I spent "waiting" on him with my mom. :) It was fun to see him there in Panaca and my kids LOVE him. So I am glad they were able to spend the weekend with him. I debated on going up today as he got weaker, but chose not to. I wish I would have gone now, but I know it is ok. I am happy for him! Last weekend, I saw how miserable he was and he was only a prisoner in his body. I know he is free now and reunited with his son (my uncle Ron who died 30+ years ago) his parents, and countless others. My grandpa spent pretty much is whole life in Panguitch, Utah and he is LOVED BY ALL there! (practically a celebrity) Panguitch has got to be glum tonight........May you rest in peace Grandpa!!! LOVE YOU ALWAYS!!
P.S. Noah rarely plays make believe and just tonight (after his passing), Noah came in to tell me that grandpa was "on the phone" (broken cell phone). I curiously asked "which grandpa" and he told me, "grandpa woe (ROE)" me- "well what did he say?" noah- "he said hello" Noah then smiled and walked out of the room "talking to grandpa". :)

7 comments:

The Lively's said...

I am really sorry about your Grandpa! But how wonderful that you will be able to see him again! That was so neat about your little boy. Heaven is so close when your with little children! Again my deepest sympathy's!

The Roe Family said...

I'm sorry Camille, I know these things are so hard. All the Ken Roe's are really choked up. We may see you at the funerl. We love you guys.

The Roe Family said...

I'm sorry Camille, I know these things are so hard. All the Ken Roe's are really choked up. We may see you at the funerl. We love you guys.

The Roe Family said...

I'm sorry Camille, I know these things are so hard. All the Ken Roe's are really choked up. We may see you at the funerl. We love you guys.

The Roe Family said...

crap sorry i'm an idiot!

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandpa. I know how hard that is.

Bleak's said...

How is my post better? I think yours is great! I like how you put in Noah's story!