Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Beauty & The Beast



Carlaya and I went to see the play Beauty & the Beast at the Summerlin Library. We had such a fun girls night out! I thought it was a little expensive, but then when we saw all the costumes, my word. No wonder they charged a lot. The set and costumes were fabulous! The play was actually pretty long, but entertaining. The actors were all really really good. Every one played their character to the "T"! Belle sounded exactly like the movie- I thought she was lip syncing!Carlaya got restless a few times, but overall, she LOVED it. Towards the end she asked me, "Can kids do that? Like be up there doing that stuff". I said, "like what, acting in a play" Carlaya: "yeah! I want to do that!" :) **I am always so happy when we have exposed them to new things and new ideas and they take an interest in it. I am not a drama freak or anything...he he he, but I was in quite a few plays when I was in Elementary & Middle School, so I think it is great that she wants to try out her acting career! LOL
After the play, we waited in the lobby for all the characters to come out. I think we got a pic with just about all of them. Gaston wanted she and I in the pic and I look like a total dork, so I left that one out! ;)

3 comments:

kory and tina family said...

That sounds like so much fun. I Wish we had something like that here.

Tessa Marie said...

That is so cool! Their costumes look great, and I think its awesome that Carlaya is interested in acting now :)

Amber Lee said...

I'm so glad you guys went to that, especially since Carlaya wants to be in theater now! I just wish Bailey and I could have gone, too!