
My parents took us kids to the air show at Nellis when we were kids. It was really cool and I remember how much I loved it. From time to time over the years I have seen on the news the air show that JUST HAPPENED. But I never seemed to hear about it before hand. Luckily 2 weeks ago, just before going to bed on a friday night, I decided to watch part of the news. YEAH, the airshow is tomorrow! I was so glad I watched! :) So Saturday morning, we changed plans and headed for Nellis. (I was glad Jonathan didn't work that Saturday, he's worked everyone for months!)
Well the part I guess I had blacked out from my memory. .......having to drive to the speedway, wait in ridiculous long lines, and ride buses into Nellis!! AAAAH! Seriously, two hours+ from the time we left our house, we were barely boarding the bus! The kids were restless and Jonathan was out of patients! :( We saw lots of planes from the speedway lot and so Jonathan was ready to call it quits. I talked him into at least riding the bus over for a little bit to watch. Luckily we did. As soon as you walk off that bus and these big jets zoom over head- it is AWESOME! They are so freaking loud and unbelievably fast! The kids thought it was cool, but hated how loud. Specially Carlaya! What a drama queen girl! After an hour they brought out the BIG guns and these planes, (sorry I don't remember what models) really made some noise. We Didn't get to hear the sonic boom there (but I heard that enough growing up in Lincoln county), but they did break some serious wind! Crazy loud!!! It was fun, but a bit much for the kids. Maybe next year! Here's some pics........ (it was really hard to get the planes in action, I had to hit "take" before they got near me, in order to capture it in the lense! LOL)




2 comments:
Camille,
I have been a sports fan! I was a Byu fan and then I met my husband who was a big U fan and well as you can see I was nice and switched teams! There family is pretty into it! Anyhoo cute pictures of beauty and the beast and the air force thing looked fun Kyle would love all the planes!
Looks like you guys had a great time, that sucks it was so hard getting there though!
lol your so funny, thats not stever, its santa silly! lol Im actually not sure who it was, but it was a real beard, he was pretty realistic! I was just talking to Stever last night though and he said he did play santa one year for something the Pioche Utilities office did LOL! I guess Boylan dressed up as an elf that same year, I SO cant picture that!!
Post a Comment