Monday, November 03, 2008

HALLOWEEN

For Halloween, the kids both had their OWN idea of what THEY WOULD BE, I was unable to pick their costume. Noah wanted to be Batman, of course, like 10,000 other little boys! I tried so hard to get him to be a cowboy, a sailor, i dunno, something somewhat different, but he chose BATMAN! And he LOVED every minute of it, so I guess that's what counts!

Carlaya has wanted to be BARBIE ELINA ever since last year when her cousin Bailey was Elina. Luckily last year a week or so AFTER halloween, I found an Elina costume on clearence for $3!

She patiently waited the whole year to wear it!


Earlier in the day on Halloween, the kids and I made some sugar cookies and frosted them to take to friends. After Jonathan and the kids returned from Trick R Treating (I love to stay home dressed up and hand out candy- scaring kids!), and our candy was almost gone, we put the rest in a small bowl on "Ike's" lap out front and went to deliver our sugar cookies. We went to Darje's house- our FAVORITE babysitter. She was out with friends getting candy, but when her mom called her, she came running down the street from blocks away, so excited we had dropped by. She just LOVES our kids and we LOVE her!


Next we went to Carlaya's school buddies house- Gracie & Jon Jon. (Noah idolizes Jon) They were thrilled we had stopped by and we let the kids play for a bit!

Before we changed the kids for bed, I wanted a picture of those of us WHO DRESSED UP- which did not include Jonathan the "Scrooge of Halloween" :( Noah was tired & wouldn't smile)
Then I had a fabulous IDEA!......try my rockin' wig on the kids! Carlaya looks cute and Normal, my little Noelle on the other hand!! LOL LOL LOL We were dying when Noah put it on!
And the funniest BEST part.....Carlaya always tilts her head to the side for pictures- we're not sure why she finds that pose sooo darn cute, but Noah obviously felt like a darling little girl and kept tilting his head to the side!! LOL I din't catch it in the picture, but he was playing it up! SO funny!


3 comments:

Stacey T. said...

lol love the wig pictures! They looked really cute in their costumes, I cant believe how big they're getting!

Amber Lee said...

What?! That wig on Noah looks so freaky! I love his Batman costume, though! Colby would be jealous!
And I know I've already told you this, but the family pics look so good. Noah is more handsome than I've ever seen him before!

Bleak's said...

Noah and Carlaya I love your costumes. Carlaya you are so pretty and Noah you look so tough and strong as Batman! Too cute!