Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Friday, October 24th



So Friday was my much anticipated Halloween PARTY!! I have been waiting and planning since September for this. It was a lot of fun. But I had just as much; if not more fun decorating for the party. I had cob webs in every corner of the house, on every picture frame, and on any surface I could get them to stay! I bought little bats, tons of spiders, a ghost, a 5 foot WITCH, a 6 foot DRACULA, flicker light bulbs, severed fingers, a skull garland, a cauldron, 5 packs of "creepy cloth" (cheese cloth stuff), a bloody leg, 3 tombstones, a fog machine, 4 black roses, dried moss, and well some other things.......I just can't remember it all. PLUS I had a few things from past years. :) So much to Jonathan's dismay, I went slightly OVER budget, but our house looked super cool and we had a blast!
Our friends arrived around 7pm and we started eating. We had a big crock pot of chili and lots of little appetizers to eat. (everyone brought something to share too) After eating and visiting, we got in a big circle to play "Catch Phrase". Its a pretty fun game and lots of fun with a big group. You basically get a word and have to describe it as quickly as you can so you team can guess it. We played boys against girls. Although everyone was from our ward (& Jonathan's bro/Christina) we didn't know them super well, so it was funny to hear the different ways they describe things. You can totally see their true personality shine through! LOL After more and more eating, we played "Shout it Out" which is a DVD game about movies. It was really fun, but our team had an unfair advantage apparently, and so we totally schooled the other team. We took pictures of each couple and later voted on who was the "cutest", the "most original", the "funniest", and the "scariest". It was a fun night and we got to know all the couples so much better!

9 comments:

The Lively's said...

hope you enjoy your party crazy girl! :)

The Lively's said...

Oops! I meant to say I hope you enjoyed your party! looks like a lot of work!

Anonymous said...

what a fun party! your house is so cute! you will have to decorate mine someday! i love your costumes... SCARY!!!!

Andrus Family said...

Sounds like you had a fun time - I absolutely LOVE Halloween parties!!

Amber Lee said...

I wish I could have been there--I want to see your house!!!

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

I wish we could have made it, but I am the new activities committee chairman in our ward and couldn't miss the trunk-or-treat I planned. Maybe next year!

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

I wish we could have made it, but I am the new activities committee chairman in our ward and couldn't miss the trunk-or-treat I planned. Maybe next year!

Tessa Marie said...

Wow, your house looks awesome!!! You're party sounds like it was so much fun!

Bleak's said...

Awesome house, did you go and hit any Halloween sales for decorations for next years party?