Many of you know my sister Amber has been on strict bedrest for almost a month (maybe more) now. She is only about 5 or so months along with her 3rd baby. But is having some complications. So two weeks ago (sorry for the delayed post....) I decided to load up the kids and go hang out. Her husband was going to be out of town Monday and Tuesday, so home alone with 2 kids was going to be even harder than having her husband there- but working full time and in school full time. She was in need of some desperate house cleaning and her kids were going blind they were so bored. So Noah and Carlaya played all day with Colby her 3 1/2 year old while Bailey, her 6 yr. old was in school. I forced Amber to sit and sort paperwork that was all over their office (soon to be a baby den) while organized the room and MADE ROOM. :) Yes, I made her sit with her legs up, but none-the-less, I forced her to keep going for hours. Sorry Amber, I know I am kind of a drill Sargent. But the room looked amazing and UNRECOGNIZABLE when I was done with it! :)
I also tried to make it as fun as possible for her kids. With holidays coming up and Amber being unable to be on her feet for more than a few minutes and not being able to leave the house.......... There was no sign of Halloween there! I got out the 2 decorations she owned, LOL, and then picked up a couple more things for her and some cob webs from a craft store. I decorated it real quick before I left and I guess the kids were pretty happy when they saw the "surprise". I also decided to make Halloween sugar cookies for them and even let them decorate their own! (for those of you who know me well, will know that was NOT easy!) I am OCD about messes and lets face it, to let a 2, 3, 4 and 6 year old all have their own knife and ice cookies is MESSY! But they loved it and I survived with no stroke!





4 comments:
OK, now I feel like a loser, because you've come up twice and taken care of me, and both times I've thought I need to dedicate a blog to you to thank you, but since I didn't have any pics I procrastinated, and now you've put up a blog about it.
Sorry for not posting something, but you are the best!!!!! Thanks!
that looks way fun! ... the sugar cookies are making my mouth water!
That was so nice of you!! Looks like the kids had a blast and I know you had a blast cleaning...you weirdo lol! I wish I loved to clean!
Sound like a party! I never saw her last house let alone that house! Poor kids have to be so bored. Tanner is bored with me after an hour of not playing with him! Look at you being SUPER SISTA and taking care of both of us, since mom doesn't! HAHAHAHA Just kidding!
Post a Comment