Monday, June 30, 2008

Our summer Calendar

My sister in law Tina is so good with her kids. She always has something fun going on or a new project they are all working on. Basically everthing to make me feel guilty. But I don't have even 1/2 the patients she has. LOL Last month they made a summer fun jar that the kids got to decorate and then think of fun things to do Every Day over the summer. She wrote them down and cut them into strips and let the kids help give ideas too. Each day this summer they get to pick out an activity to do for that day.
I decided it wouldn't kill me to try to do something similar with my kids!! :)
So Carlaya helped me come up with an idea of our own. I made up a calendar for June, July, and August. Then we thought up lots of fun ideas (we will add more) and found pics on photobucket to symbolize the activity. I cut them out and she glued them all on the days she wanted.


Here is an up close look at July. (we may add some new ideas and supplement out some already on there) There is a movie for every Tues./ Wedn. because the Regal theaters here in town do FREE kids movies on those days. We probably won't go to every one, but until we had another plan for the day.......Carlaya wanted to put movies on every one. LOL

footprints= going for a walk (as a FAMILY)
basket= picnic
movie reel= free kids movies
chef = cooking class for the kids- hands on!! (tough one for me) LOL
crayons= art project day
28th= Carlaya and I's drawing of our family swimming....LOL
puzzle peice= Puzzles DUH! :)
and well you can kinda figure out the idea. If we do plan something funner or different, we'll replace the pic with a new one that shows what we did instead. But you get the idea.
hopefully it'll make our summer funner!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is such a cute idea and I love the little symbols. I can't wait to have kids and copy your fun ideas!

kory and tina family said...

And you say your not creative!!!
My kids really enjoy our little jar. Hope your having fun with it.

Sarah said...

Cute idea for summer! I need to be better about doing stuff with the kids.

After your comment on my blog I had to go back and check out your pictures because I'd just never noticed before! lol. So how was it? did the recovery totally suck! When did you decide to do it? Did you tell anybody? or is it a secret? lol. I think you look great btw! And I love your new haircut!

Stacey T. said...

Cute idea!! I love your drawing of the family swimming lol! Hows it going so far?

Bleak's said...

Wonder mom! why are you making me step up to the plate?