Here I am in my cute lil' scrubs ;)
The Esthetics's program has been blue or green scrubs, but they are merging into all white, so we have our choice between all 3 for now. The store they sent me to (that puts the school logo on them) didn't have any white but I'm ok with not getting dirty too fast, for now.
So heres my 1st night. I showed up at 5:30 for orientation. There were 6 of us starting esthetics and 1 nail tech. We watched a short movie on student loans and then went over the rules. I was feeling pretty bitter about this school for a bit. Euphoria (my 1st choice school) is way nicer, newer and just plain cooler. But it is another 10 miles further away and almost $5K more! So yeah, that's the only reason I am here. The room was HOT, muggy, and almost had a B.O. stench. The tables laminate was peeling off and just overall the room sucked. It felt ghetto. :( But luckily after the video, rules & orientation packet; they went over our check in/out procedure. Its not done by a swipe card anymore like Euphoria, it is done by our fingerprint on a digital screen. Oooo, aaaah, how cool. Also we are given books to start with but the school is going green and want to do away with so much paper so in a few months or so we should all be given Kindle Fire tablets! Yeah! That's cool. All our books and stuff will be on them for us. And we do get to keep them when we are done! ;) So maybe they are not soooo ghetto.....
Next, we were led to the Esthetics's room which was bigger, nicer and smelled just fine! LOL Next let down? Our teacher. A MAN?! A scrawny, skinny mexi man with a mexi stash & scraggly go-t. He seems a little goofy to me. But I can tell the 3 girls that are in there with us new students just love him. He seems very laid back and very patient. So hopefully I'll learn to not judge him, and appreciate him. :)
He jumped right into "theory" (book work). We will have "theory" every T & TH before we do any lab work or hands on fun. Our lecture was on bacteria and infections mostly. It went on for about an hour and I was starting to get overwhelmed thinking about all the information I was going to have to start memorizing. Its been a while since I was in school!! But he ended there and let us take a break.
After that, my favorite part!!....the teacher says, "On the 1st day of school we like to pamper our students. Who wants a facial?" What?! Seriously!? We all lit up. :) We could choose a facial, back treatment (or facial for the back) or a hand & arms treatment with paraffin wax. 4 of us chose facials and were led off to the "mock spa".
The lights were dimmed, the spa music softly playing, and we each traded our top for a spa cover up. The senior students were there to pamper and of course with 3 cute girls and 1 older french man, I got stuck with the balding, greying, stale breath man! LOL I was bummed, but he was very nice and to my delight didn't talk during the whole 45 minute facial, so the breath was no problem. ;) LOL The facial was amazing! I have only ever had 1 before and it was shorter than this. I could get used to this lifestyle.
I am excited to learn all these treatments and then get to pamper others. We will be practicing everything on each other 1st so I'll get plenty of pampering on myself as well. I am anxious for how amazing my skin will be over the next few months. This morning, already, my face feels awesome!
I left feeling better about the school and I like my classmates. Well all except one. She started in the orientation, asking dumb questions and questions that don't really apply to us yet. She is a talker!! She is also a know it all....she is annoying! Lets call her "Chatty-E". You'll be hearing more about her I'm sure. She is a salon owner and massage therapist and wants to be dual-licensed.
Next, "Pretty-D". She is 20 something and very pretty. Perfect flawless face. I like her. She is the most normal one and closest to my personality.
"Camille" that's right! There is ANOTHER Camille! I have never been with another Camille. I only know 2 others, so this will be interesting to call my own name to someone else. She is 18 yr old hispanic girl, cute and nice.
"Dated" pretty lady in 40's probably, and dated to the 90's with her hair. She is nice though. I like her. Just needs an update. She is and Jazz teacher & does eyelash extensions and is here ONLY because she now needs a license to do them.
The other few classmates are all nice and so far pretty quiet. I don't yet have any nicknames for them.
Tonight at school......we are doing hand & arm treatments to each other! :) Fun fun!
1 comment:
You crack me up!
Post a Comment