Tuesday, December 13, 2011

All Moved in! (sort of)

If you haven't heard, we recently moved. We have been renting the last 2 years and wanted cheaper rent and NO more red carpet! We found this little gem for $260 LESS a month and it is just a tad smaller than the house we were in, still plenty BIG for us. Everything was unpacked within a matter of days, and with another week or so of rearranging and organizing- we were done! Well almost.....I don't exactly hang pictures well, so we are still waiting on Jonathan to take his lovely time in hanging them up. ;) Slowly but surely, they are going up.






We have never had a large master room and although this doesn't look huge in the picture it is much bigger in person and almost twice the size of any other master we've ever had! LOVE IT!

This eye sore is Carlya's room. LOL It too is very large! It looks awful because she used to have a twin bed but we went from 5 rooms to 4 and so we gave her the queen guest bed so that we could boot her out when guests come and still have a bed big enough for them. ALSO, we have done nothing with her room because that is her Christmas present. She has been wanting a bigger girl room and asked for a room makeover for her gift. The other guest bedding wasn't girl friendly in the mean time so we just threw a purple quilt on, I am well aware that there is no bed skirt! ;) Christmas couldn't come soon enough. I am so excited for the new look. Just take this as the BEFORE PICTURE. (after will be awesome!)

Mya's room & also Carlaya's bed when guests come and take over her room ;)



This is Noah's bedroom and yes his top bunk is empty and waiting for his next foster brother to come join him. ;) We have to talk Dad into that one!


The "formal dinning room" otherwise known as waisted space. Our kitchen eating area is smaller than normal and our square table didn't fit so we put it here but then it squoze out of "formal living room" so we took out the leaf. It will basically just look pretty or pointless while we live here. I don't know that we'll really use it. Food over carpet with kids? bad idea!



This is our big ol living room and I love it. Our last house was so divided and had many smaller rooms rather than one big room. It is great to finally have a wall big enough for our entertainment center and not a dumb TV nook! I hate those Vegas flaws!





**Notice we finally have Mya's painting up?! I love it. Painted by my talented BFF Megan Patrick!

And last but not least, my kitchen. I love dark cabinets (although we lost a few with this move)and I'm really digging my double oven which are convection (?) ovens and cook in 1/2 the time! A wonderful friend GAVE us this cute little table and soon we'll have the benches that go with it. How sweet is that?!



Back yard is pretty big for Vegas, but unfortunately desert landscaped. We're hoping to still get a swing set or trampoline in the spring....... it could work??

2 comments:

Heather said...

It looks great!! And no red carpet, woo hoo!

The Gubler Family said...

You need to email us your new address!