Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Our trip to Legoland



Legoland Trip - free slideshow maker
Slide.com is what I usually use but it is shutting down in the next few months and I couldn't see where to still make slide shows. I had to find a new site and I don't like it one bit. It took twice as long and when I finally got done it told me I had used some PREMIUM features that I have to delete or pay for. WHAT?! Anyway, here's my slideshow of our trip without all my subtitles I spent all afternoon typing in! :(

We had a pretty good time. A few more meltdowns from the kids than usual, so that was a bummer. We met my sister Jenny & her family in San Diego at the Mormon Battalion Museum. It was pretty fun and interested for the kids. After that we headed for Mission Beach in San Diego to play for a bit. This was the day we were going to play in the water park in Legoland, but considering the highs have been in the 60's we opted not to pay for a water park just days before going. We tried to do some other fun stuff instead.

Because it was so cold, we told the kids we'd watch the ocean and if they wanted they could play in the sand, but we asked them not to get wet. They were so excited and kept running up to the waters edge and run away as it crept closer. Before long their legs were wet, then their waist, then of course they each "fell" at some point or other and were completely soaked! It didn't help that they were in clothes and didn't have towels. They were FREEZING before long and whined for over 1/2 hour after being in new clothes in the warm car.

We met Andrew's brother and wife at the beach and all went to dinner together. We ate just across the freeway from the San Diego Temple. It was the perfect view and so beautiful at night. After dinner, we took the kids over to walk the temple grounds.

On Saturday, we ventured into Legoland. We came with LOW expectations because so many adults so how lame it is. But I knew the kids would love it and it was pretty fun. Way more kid and family friendly than Disneyland. They have so many helpful things for people with kids. A baby center with microwaves, bottle warmers, high chairs and rocking chairs for nursing moms. They have play areas fenced in right next to every line for rides. So parents wait and kids play until its their turn! Genius!! I don't even remember what else, but my sister and I just kept saying how much more kid friendly it was than Disney. Not as fun, but still worth the $. The kids LOVED it!

Miniland was super impressive. There was NY City, New Orleans, San Fransisco, Las Vegas, Washington DC all to scale made solely out of legos. It was awesome. I just wish I owned like 500,000 more legos and I'd make something amazing! ;) On the boat tour they also had the Sydney Opera House, the Taj Mahal Hall, Eiffel Tower, Mt. Rushmore, and some other awesome things.

The hours are cut way back for fall so Legoland closed at 5pm- total bummer, but we were all super exhausted and had sore feet by then, so it was ok. We went to dinner then shopped at the 90 store outlet mall right across the street from our hotel!! WhooWhoo!

It was great to see my sister Jenny & Andrew & kids for the weekend. They've lived in Omaha for 4 years and are finally closer, next door in Arizona. IF only they'd move to Vegas! hint hint~

1 comment:

kory and tina family said...

Looks like fun! Last year we had planned a trip to Lego Land, late fall but.... with Kory being unemployeed at that time we decided to use the money that we had set aside for living instead of playing. I would love to go next year, when Brayden's almost 4.