I recently had an emergency situation when I realized we were finishing off our LAST jar of jam. We use homemade strawberry jam EVERY day. On toast, on waffles, & on PB & J's of course! In fact, Noah has a PB&J 95% of the time for lunch. He'd have an utter meltdown if he knew it was gone. We could not survive the winter if it was gone!
I knew we were getting low and bought a case of strawberries back in March. Then I had my March Madness Kidney Stone from Hell week. I froze the strawberries before they molded and they've slowly been gobbled up with smoothies. On one morning a week or so ago, with less than 1/2 a jar left, I told the kids, "Come on! We're going to Sam's Club right now!! Get in the car!" I had to buy strawberries before they were gone or no longer on sale and I had to buy them right then so I'd have all day to make jam. LOTS of jam. We now have a good 15-16 jars to last us till spring, what peace that brings!
Wanna make some delicious Jam?
Strawberry Freezer Jam

Strawberries, pectin, lemon juice, sugar, light corn syrup.

Cut the tops of the strawberries and fill blender 3/4 way full.

Blend them up till fairly smooth, then add 1/4 cup lemon juice. Blend again. Slowly add packet of pectin while blending. (I do it through the hole in lid while turned on)
For the next 30 minutes, blend every 5 minutes. (for just a min or so)
After 30 minutes and 6 times of blending, add the cup of Karo Syrup. Blend well.

Pour strawberry mixture over 4 1/2 cups of sugar. YUM the sweetness!

Mix well! Until sugar is completely dissolved.
Pour jam into 4-5 jars or container of any size. Plastic or glass. Put on lids and into the freezer they go. You can also use a jar right away, it will just be runnier.
Here's the Recipe:
Measure 4 1/2 cups sugar in large bowl and set aside.
Wash & cut tops off strawberries.
Puree in blender, making 3 1/4 cups of blended strawberries.
Add 1/4 cup of Lemon Juice
Gradually pour in one box of pectin into blender, mix thoroughly.
Let set for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes with blender.
Pour in 1 cup corn syrup, blending well.
Pour strawberry mixture into the sugar and mix well, making sure sugar dissolves.
Pour into Tupperware type containers or glass jars, label & place in freezer. :)

1 comment:
I still have those jars you gave me a long time ago. Tell me if you want them back. You said you weren't going to use themm!!!!!! LIAR!!
Post a Comment