Mya turned 8 months on the 8th of June, I've just been slow to update.
Mya chews on EVERYTHING, specially paper. So getting her to sit still for this picture was IMPOSSIBLE! I spent almost an hour taking over 20 pictures and these were the best 3. But I guess it does show her age and phases she's in, the best.
Mya is looking pretty goofy with ONE little toothy! ;) She is so darn cute lately and her personality is just so funny. She plays with toys non-stop and is very active. She's getting pretty smart and can even play simple games with the kids; like versions of peek-a-boo and such.
She is getting to be so silly. Some days she's almost hyper. It's hilarious, but at 2-3 years old, being hyper is no longer cute. I'm kind of worried. :)
Mya isn't quite crawling yet, although she has so much determination. She flails her arms and legs like crazy trying to get to a toy. She is mobile though, rolling across the room and turning 360* to get what she's after. On occasion she'll roll up against something and try to keep going that same direction. She gets so angry and freaks out! LOL
As far as the adoption goes. All paperwork has been sent to the adoptions department and we are at their will. When we get the adoption application in the mail, we can start getting physicals for each of us and get our fingerprints scheduled and background checks ran. But we're on their timetable not them on ours. So we're hoping for September/October, but there is no guarantees for the final court hearing. Keep ya posted.......
For this one, we sat the paper way behind her and used tons of toys by me to distract her. Unfortunately, we were so crazy, she was confused by the madness and wouldn't smile.
As for this gem of a picture...... Mya woke up from a nap looking a little rougher than normal, but I just sat her down to play. I didn't want to stop and comb her hair. Jonathan walked in the room and about died. He asked, "um, what the heck...did Mya get ravaged by wild beasts? Did you just pull her out of the jungle or what?" We all died laughing! I guess she did look pretty tore up.




No comments:
Post a Comment